filling low calorie snacks

Options
Hi to everyone,
Iv been on the program for 6 days, going well lost 1.5 kg my first week.
Having trouble finding filling low calorie snacks, anyone got any ideas?

loving it, so easy to use

Replies

• trevandmel2015
    Options
    Have you tried microwave popcorn (just plain without butter)? It's really filling and is low-calorie.
  • kbcruse
    Options
    Thanks I'll give it a go
  • Chan8ll8
    Chan8ll8 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Welcome.
    Alot of veggies are very low in calories.. Cucumber, tomatoes, celery? And if you eat enough you'll be full too
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Carrots/cucumber/celery/peppers with hummus is good, nutritious and you get a lot of substance for your calories so it fills the gap! I prefer 'full-fat' hummus as I find it more filling, but you could buy lower fat if you like. Jalapeno hummus is my favourite.

And yes, I don't know how to spell hummus at all.
  • Chan8ll8
    Chan8ll8 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Mmm! Agreed!
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    My snacks depend on what I'm trying to satisfy. Hunger? The desire to munch? Sweet tooth? If I'm starting to feel hungry and want to bridge the gap between meals, I like boiled eggs, beef jerkey, or the Cabot light cheese packs. I'll occasionally have almonds, but they are a bit higher in calories. If I'm just kinda bored and want to eat, I choose raw veggies like sugar snap peas or carrots. If I'm watching a movie and want a snack with more duration, I like cheerios, unbuttered popcorn with seasoning, or skinny pop cheddar popcorn. For sweet tooth, I like the Fiber one 90 calorie bars, a serving of ice cream (its lower in calories than you think), a mug of hot cocoa, or chocolate cheerios.
  • xXBabyBelleXx
    xXBabyBelleXx Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Have you tried microwave popcorn (just plain without butter)? It's really filling and is low-calorie.

Air popped kennels are better (cooked at home), as even microwave popcorn contains extra oil.

• ashbash830
    ashbash830 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Try zucchini slices with cheese and turkey pepperoni! It's so easy to make, filing, and low in calories. :)
  • cosmichvoyager
    cosmichvoyager Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    -a cup of homemade chicken vegetable soup with some quinoa in it
    -cut up cucumbers, carrots and peppers with a dip I make out of soy sauce and sriracha
    -apple with peanut butter or hazelnut butter
    -cheese stick
    -wasa whole grain crackers with peanut butter and a half of a banana OR with goat cheese and veggie slices, salami or chopped olives
    -baked sweet potato with a pat of butter and a spoon of maple syrup
    -edamame

I try to eat stuff with fiber to keep me full, protein and a bit of fat too. I try hard to limit refined carbohydrates to earlier in the day if I plan to exercise. Also, I am losing slowly and I eat pretty high calories throughout the day so my "snacks" are probably other people's meals--usually around 250-300 calories in there.
    Sometimes I do 2 snacks spaced in the day instead of a set lunch, etc.
  • helrat1605
    helrat1605 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a slim soup only 54 cals
  • eyecandyrayce
    eyecandyrayce Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    You just can't go wrong with fresh fruits and veggies. Almost everything you find is going to be filling and low calorie.