60 lbs in 60 DAYS!!!!!!!!

Options

Replies

• ladyhawk00
    ladyhawk00 Posts: 2,457 Member
    Options
    hahaha! I clicked on it thinking "What he HECK?"

I could only imagine what my body would look like if I lost 60 pounds in 2 months! I'd be all loose flabby skin! ICKY!

Slow and steady! It's about a life-long change of habits. It's out habits that put us all here, and habits don't get fixed over night!

Hehe - perfect attitude! :drinker:
  • Mommyto3inAz
    Options
    How can you tell if you are in starvation mode?
  • ladyhawk00
    Options
    How can you tell if you are in starvation mode?

Unless you've been monitoring body fat %, you can't really KNOW for sure. But if your intake is lower than what it should be, you're not losing weight on schedule for a prolonged period, ALL of your logging is accurate, and you don't have any medical issues and/or medications that could be interfering... Then it's a possibility.

The basic idea is - use the guided goals from MFP to start, input your info correctly and choose an appropriate goal for how much you have to lose, log accurately and eat the allotted calories. The goals given to you are goals to meet, not to see how far under them you can stay. If you do those things, you eliminate the risk.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    There's a radio commercial here for "Physician's weight loss" or something like that where a local guy lost 20 lbs in the first week!:noway: I literally cringed when I heard that.
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Thank you for referring me to This page. It is Filled with great information, All Stuff that I already knew/know.
    I consume so Little calories is because I had weight loss Surgery and my stomach is really small now, So I can't eat big amounts, So I eat Small Amounts of Food Which only equal few calories unless I'm hitting Fast Food joints Which I do try to avoid Unless I travel somewhere.
  • ladyhawk00
    Options
    Thank you for referring me to This page. It is Filled with great information, All Stuff that I already knew/know.
    I consume so Little calories is because I had weight loss Surgery and my stomach is really small now, So I can't eat big amounts, So I eat Small Amounts of Food Which only equal few calories unless I'm hitting Fast Food joints Which I do try to avoid Unless I travel somewhere.

Ahhhh, thank you for clarifying. Makes much more sense and relieves the concern I had. Perfectly acceptable with WLS, I just hate to see people trying to do that little without doctor supervision and a good dietary plan. Congrats on your progress! :flowerforyou:
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    And thank you for the Concern.
    I appreciate the Rare person who takes the time to Care for Complete Strangers.
  • ladyhawk00
    Options
    Bump :flowerforyou:
  • doliveresti
    doliveresti Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ladyhawk00
    Options
    :grumble: :tongue:
  • ladyhawk00
    Options
    It's my party and I'll bump if I want toooooo.... :drinker:
  • ladyhawk00
    Options
    Bumping, cause I keep seeing people that think fast = good. :cry:
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,058 Member
    Options
    NICE!!! I :heart: ladyhawk.
  • cmriverside
    Options

In something other than grocery shopping? *muah xox
  • ladyhawk00
    Options

In something other than grocery shopping? *muah xox

Or a root canal? :ohwell:
  • annie34_1977
    Options
    Thank you!!!
  • witchways
    witchways Posts: 2
    Options
    :) thank you for great write up, I have been finding it hard to grasp the concept of eating the proper calories according to MFP, especially when I didnt seem to be starving as one would expect. its great to start losing weight, a little at a time, and not feel starved. thanks again.
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    As someone who has lost weight quickly and slowly i can assure you its a struggle and for ME (I speak only for myself) Slow and steady has been the only thing that works. I was 430 pounds at 17. I was the youngest person in my state to have the gastric bypass in 2000. I went from 430 to 290 in less than a year, my hair thinned, i was sick and had "dumping syndrome" and lots of side effects that outweighed the benefits.The new attention for my weight loss was different and i went from invisible to slightly attractive. I was overweight but i felt better about myself and i truly believe if you feel beautiful you are. I went through a traumatic event at 18 and i began binge eating as a way to hide. I didnt want any attention from men and i began a cycle of eating and stretching my stomach out. This is kind of hard to type. So, it took about a year and by the time i was 20 i was 350+. I didnt weigh myself and just acted happy and to be honest it was nice to feel normal again. My hair was healthy again and i wasnt throwing up anymore, i could eat an average size meal. I still have pretty bad anemia but i can manage that and my color is completely back. I was in my brothers wedding as a size 26-28. I worked at lane bryant and i was squeezing into those 26's... My dad introduced me as the prettiest fat girl you will ever meet and i lost it. I was so sick of hearing that i had a pretty face. It was like a half compliment. there was always a "but...." lingering. What it all comes down to is how you feel and i felt sad. I started therapy and dealt with what happens to 1 in 3 women and started treating myself with kindness. It has taken me 2 years... 2 years as of may 9th to lose over 150+ on my own with diet and exercise. It has been slow and steady. I went through a back injury which kept me from working out hard for 4 months (bulging disc from a patient falling on me...and osteo-arthritis, which they said is from being so overweight for so long) All of these setbacks aside, I am so happy right now. I am in a size 14! I never would have believed it. I would like to be a 10 or 12 but my excess skin is a problem. I have learned to accept it. I sometimes get sad when i see women in dresses with nice arms and beautiful legs, I look down at my gladiator calf muscles and my flabby arms and i think " these legs carried 430 pounds for a long time, and they carry me now. They are exactly how they should be" My arms still give me some anxiety but they are part of me. Take it or leave it. Slow and steady will always win the race. Because on the long journey to health you learn to love yourself.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Namaste, that was a beautifully written post. Thanks for sharing that - you will help so many people with your story. Welcome to MFP, hope to see you around! :flowerforyou: