Honey, Lemon Water in the AM

Shelleo71
Shelleo71 Posts: 38 Member
So I've been hearing about the wonderful metabolism increasing effects of this combination. Anyone know if there is any truth to it?? I have drank a cup yesterday and this morning. Figuring any little thing to help boost it can't hurt, right?

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    I call BS.
    http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/honey-lemon-really-reduce-weight-11407.html
    To boost my metabolism in the morning I eat breakfast.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    If it helps you, go for it.
    But..................weight loss is about eating less calories than you burn. All things in moderation. Calories in vs calories out.
  • Shelleo71
    Shelleo71 Posts: 38 Member
    I figured as much. I did have breakfast also. I'd been seeing that posted all over and thought, well, it's all natural stuff so it certainly can't hurt.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Your metabolism just is
  • sherbet111
    sherbet111 Posts: 9 Member
    I drink hot lemon water in the morning prior to eating breakfast. I haven't seen anything miraculous occur, but I like the taste and it's a nice relaxing way to start my day. :)
  • skookywilly
    skookywilly Posts: 3 Member
    It's a digestive and liver cleansing drink so go for it!
  • fizzleh
    fizzleh Posts: 71 Member
    I've been drinking ginger, lemon and honey tea mid morning for several years and my teeth are perfectly ok.

I find it relaxing and heard it helps with your digestive system. It also keeps me from having a fatty coffee or sugar laden tea with several biscuits.

Do whatever works for you. If you like it then keep at it, if not then move on to something else.
  • nettasue35
    nettasue35 Posts: 190 Member
    a dietician that the dr office that I used to work at told us that it was a good way to start your day.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    It's a digestive and liver cleansing drink so go for it!

LOL

yeah, no it's not
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    there's no truth to it.

you're just ingesting three healthy things at once.

when it comes to fitness and weightloss - all the shortcuts are fake.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    nettasue35 wrote: »
    a dietician that the dr office that I used to work at told us that it was a good way to start your day.

so is coffee :)
    so is the gym :)
    so is being dogpiled by your kid and girlfriend
    so is watching cartoons
    so is a run
    so is orange juice

all personal preference, I think the point is - HAVE A GREAT MORNING!

• WW1984
    WW1984 Posts: 145 Member
    For me hot water with lemon in the morning or at night before bed works as a diuretic which helps me get rid of excess water and keeps me from bloating.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited December 2016
    schultz15 wrote: »

No, just no. Why would warm water even work? And warm water without anything good in it tastes like *kitten* anyway.

No scientific evidence to back this woo up, sorry. The person who wrote the article doesn't even have any medical or science background...they only have a BA in media studies.

Edit...UGH...TWO YEAR OLD THREAD. Why do people bring up necro threads? Well, at least it is better than a 10 year old thread.