Always so tired.. help

jjasmelon
jjasmelon Posts: 101
edited January 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I have started my lifestyle changes from yesterday my calorie limit is 1500 a day. I weigh 187 pounds and am 5ft4. Yesterday I ate lots of fruits and had a big breakfast with egg and juice but still felt really tired and the need for sleep. I am quite busy as I'm a student have to go to lots of lectures... Walk a lot daily. Was wondering if anyone has some tips to help me not feel tired? I do drink lots of water and sleep around 7-8 hours at night

Replies

• anihod
    anihod Posts: 6 Member
    Perhaps try snacking on things such as nuts/bannanas between meals? I find that helps me when I'm feeling a little tired.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    widen out your diet - get your carbs, fats and proteins right within your calorie defecit and you will have more energy

also move more and you'll get have more energy

but you'll just have to get over the hump in your exhaustion levels at the start of this lifestyle change

if it doesn't go in a couple of weeks consider blood tests for anaemia etc
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    Definitely see the doctor and make sure nothing is wrong. Most the smart way to kick it off, anyway.

My first two weeks of exercise, I was whipped! Then the extra energy kicked in and I started feelng better and better all the time. I hope it works out that way for you!!
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Have you checked out your TDEE? If not, do this...http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/ Make sure you include all activity and not just exercise. Then take a 15-20% deficit. My guess is that you'll find you can eat more while losing weight AND not be as tired.
  • tolkat
    tolkat Posts: 11 Member
    jjasmelon wrote: »
    I have started my lifestyle changes from yesterday my calorie limit is 1500 a day. I weigh 187 pounds and am 5ft4. Yesterday I ate lots of fruits and had a big breakfast with egg and juice but still felt really tired and the need for sleep. I am quite busy as I'm a student have to go to lots of lectures... Walk a lot daily. Was wondering if anyone has some tips to help me not feel tired? I do drink lots of water and sleep around 7-8 hours at night

• tolkat
    tolkat Posts: 11 Member
    try multi vitamins or B complex
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited January 2015
    Most of the time it takes your body a while to get adjusted to the new calorie intake/new foods. I second check your TDEE and a multivitamin. On my bad days, I opt for an energy drink.

Or up your protein ;)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Try more protein and fats.
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    can't see your diary so hard to say. Any lifestyle change is going to affect your body until your body no longer considers it a change.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    well done on deciding to get healthy - tiredness could be a lot of things. If you have only just started then I bet it is just a reaction to the change. For instance if you have been keeping yourself going on simple carbs then and then you stop (great choice) your body is going to take time to adjust. I like what people here are saying as I would agree. Eat more protein and fats. Have a look at the MFP calorie page and it also suggests a split between carbs, protien and fat. Fruit is good but it is mainly simple carbohydrate and your body will use it in a couple of hours, after which you may feel tired. Eating complex carbs, protien and fats will really help. Also if you are new have a look at this great link, it has a lot of great advice if you are new to looking after yourself

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

Good luck, and don't stop, just keep going :-)
  • lovekohl
    lovekohl Posts: 111 Member
    I would see a doctor and ask them to check your vitamin D, iron, and thyroid. I was having issues with being tired even while eating at my TDEE. Turns out my vitamin D was seriously low. After being put on a prescription dose for two months, I'm feeling much better and eating at a deficit these days. Good luck!