Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    I got myself a tattoo lol
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    The weight loss in and of itself is enough of a reward for me.

True, it is rewarding by itself but rewards add in extra incentive.
    JenniDaisy wrote: »
    By not dying early of a preventable cardiovascular disease, or being disabled by diabetes, or having to have a knee replacement at 45 because of the pressure excess weight is putting on my joints.

Pick one.
    I don't see the need to reward myself for losing weight.

Not sure why people seems to be so against adding in rewards that are not weight based.

I'm not opposed to celebrating a victory, but it seems to me that if the reason I'm losing weight is so I can have some reward I've promised myself, then I've only substituted one form of gluttony for another. We would all be better off if we would learn to do without things we don't need.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Ordinarily, I'd buy new nail polish, but my doctor doesn't want me wearing it any more (I have psoriatic arthritis and it effects my nails). Soooo... I've just been patting myself on the back and I did buy some yarn. My reward will be enjoying knitting smaller garments.
  • Flexitarier
    Flexitarier Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    How about putting a speical amount of $ away for each lbs you lose and then when you finsih at your target weight you can either make a trip from that or buy some new clothes in the perfect size?
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    *shrugs* I'm dieting to increase athletic performance. (I prefer being ignored in public, so weight loss has little attraction to me in terms of whether or not random strangers see me as attractive) My reward is getting faster and having more endurance.
  • Revonue
    Revonue Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    New haircut, new clothes, I horseback ride so at some point I will probably set a lease or show as a reward for a big weight goal (you can just replace with whatever is your hobby/passion), and bath stuff (shower gel, bath bombs, bubble bath mix, etc).
  • pansyviolet
    Options
    I find in very rewarding when my clothes are getting too big!!!
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    lol smaller clothes *whooop* and I have a purse problem... so my hubby says :)
  • xShreddx
    xShreddx Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    JenniDaisy wrote: »
    By not dying early of a preventable cardiovascular disease, or being disabled by diabetes, or having to have a knee replacement at 45 because of the pressure excess weight is putting on my joints.

Pick one.

Awesome response!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Reward?

• af_wife2004
    af_wife2004 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    One of my biggest rewards is new bras! Every 20 -30 lbs I buy couple new, good quality bras. When I'm "supported" properly, I feel better, my clothes look better, and I have more confidence.
  • QuixoticParody
    Options
    I give myself freebie nights (er days to the non-night owls). One for 10 lbs or sometimes when I really need it. This usually includes a bit of drinking (drinking generally is rediculously high in calories) and a splurge of eating a piece or 2 of junk food I wouldn't eat based on mfp because of the calories.

When I don't go out to the club, my freebie day consists of video games. Aka sitting on the tush and doing very little in the way of movement and relaxing on the mfp program. <-- no money necessary.

These days are not logged but I do leave a note in my feed so I can remember the last one. If it's more then 2 months, I'll do a freebie day anyway.
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    New muscles showing.
  • into_fitness
    into_fitness Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I don't reward myself for weight loss - I just get extremely happy with how well I have done. My ultimate three rewards for myself will be 1. buying a smaller pair of pants when I get to my goal weight and 2. feeling confident in a bathing suit/looking good in one! and 3. being able to sit in shorts with confidence and not having to worry about my cellulite on my legs
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I didn't really think I wanted to do the reward thing but ended up doing it after all. Most of the things I would do were more centered around my workout gear (my pants started to fall off) so when I reached a goal I would get a couple of shirts and pants. I mean running with your "drawers" falling down is really hard. :D

I would also set fitness goals for example my long term goal was to finish a full marathon which I run in 1 1/2 weeks. I had run many 1/2 marathons but never a full. Some of the other fitness goals were to decrease my mileage time, finish a 5k in under 30 minutes which I did in August, hike into Mirror Lake a Mt. Rainier which was a 14 mile round trip with major elevation increase (done in July). You get the idea.

Good luck and find what works for you. Oh and I love the person's idea with the nail polish.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Money is tight, so as a "reward" for a new lowest weight in sets of 5, I go back through all my pictures and see how much I've progressed. Holding them up together makes me feel great about how far I've come, from 216 to 155ish currently.
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I mean running with your "drawers" falling down is really hard. :D

so that made me LOL and reminded me of a very old thread somewhere buried on these boards about emberassing moments... one girl talked about losing the weight and was wearing a skirt - walking along the sidewalk and literally stepped out of her drawers as they fell LOL she never stopped and just kept walking lol
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    I have 4 kids so rewards aren't as important but how about a manicure and/or pedicure? A little pampering would be cool.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Clothing!
  • JourneyToWonderWoman
    Options
    At each milestone like every 25 pounds I lose, I set up rewards on things I do to "treat" myself. My first 25 pounds: I'm getting my hair done, Next 25: mani/pedi, etc. Although I could do that now, I figured if I work for it, I will enjoy these rewards even more :smiley: