Down 45lbs- one year anniversary from a size 14 to 6!

Options
Kris1279
Kris1279 Posts: 229 Member
This week marks my one year anniversary to my journey to a healthier me! I'm not gonna be embarrassed or ashamed of these before pics (surgery scars and all) or of the person I was a year ago, instead I'm gonna share my journey with you and hold my head high and just be proud of how far I've come. I look back at the past, all the life and health hurdles and struggles I/we've faced and all I can say is we made it! I have worked my butt off for the past year! Working out daily and eating better, no magic pills or tricks! I never would have thought a year ago that I would be a size 6 today, and in the best shape of my life. A year ago this week I was a size 14 and felt miserable and out of shape. It took me a year and I'm not at my goal yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday! Never give up on your self or your goals no matter how big or small! If you work for it, you can get it! Thanks to my hubby for helping me workout and starting this journey with me and always being there and loving me no matter what size or mood I'm in :)! 2015 is gonna be great! Feels great to be healthy again! 5qyhx0bxcz1e.jpg
f3qf0mfeuddq.jpg
eles9r366vfg.jpg
pyeydt0bsq8x.jpg

Replies

• brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great, and it is well-earned!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!
  • Kris1279
    Options
    Kris1279 wrote: »
    This week marks my one year anniversary to my journey to a healthier me! I'm not gonna be embarrassed or ashamed of these before pics (surgery scars and all) or of the person I was a year ago, instead I'm gonna share my journey with you and hold my head high and just be proud of how far I've come. I look back at the past, all the life and health hurdles and struggles I/we've faced and all I can say is we made it! I have worked my butt off for the past year! Working out daily and eating better, no magic pills or tricks! I never would have thought a year ago that I would be a size 6 today, and in the best shape of my life. A year ago this week I was a size 14 and felt miserable and out of shape. It took me a year and I'm not at my goal yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday! Never give up on your self or your goals no matter how big or small! If you work for it, you can get it! Thanks to my hubby for helping me workout and starting this journey with me and always being there and loving me no matter what size or mood I'm in :)! 2015 is gonna be great! Feels great to be healthy again! 5qyhx0bxcz1e.jpg
    f3qf0mfeuddq.jpg
    eles9r366vfg.jpg
    pyeydt0bsq8x.jpg
    Kris1279 wrote: »
    f3qf0mfeuddq.jpg
    eles9r366vfg.jpg
    pyeydt0bsq8x.jpg
    Awesome job!!!

• AudraSky
    AudraSky Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look wonderful & so happy!!
  • misskarihari
    misskarihari Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job!!! You look fab!
  • bkelly30
    bkelly30 Posts: 7 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Thats amazing!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I began my journey on Dec 5, and was a 14 currently starting to get comfortably into a 12, as I continue to try and reach my goal of a 9/10 or perhaps a 7/8. I hope to add you and become friends as you are a great inspiration with your remarkable achievements. Enjoy 2015 you've earned it Lady!!!
  • Kris1279
    Options
    Thanks guys :) Feels great reaching those goals and being healthy again.
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    You really do look great. I am 15 lbs of way from my goal of also losing 45 lbs and looking at the difference between your 2nd and 3rd progress picture is a huge motivator. In the 2nd picture your abs are looking slim and in the 3rd they are "defined" - this must feel really sweet!
  • Kris1279
    Options
    bkelly30 wrote: »
    Thats amazing!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I began my journey on Dec 5, and was a 14 currently starting to get comfortably into a 12, as I continue to try and reach my goal of a 9/10 or perhaps a 7/8. I hope to add you and become friends as you are a great inspiration with your remarkable achievements. Enjoy 2015 you've earned it Lady!!!

You can do it girl! I struggled for years in pain and felt miserable from endometriosis. Surgery after surgery and finally had a complete hysterectomy a little over a year ago. I think losing the weight not only helped me physically feel better but mentally too. It was worth all the sweat and pain lol :) I started off doing all 3 months of T25, then did P90X3 and then did some insanity and body beast. I also walk and jog outside or on the treadmill and always use MFP app:) just feels great to be healthy and reaching my goals.
  • Kris1279
    Options
    NextPage wrote: »
    You really do look great. I am 15 lbs of way from my goal of also losing 45 lbs and looking at the difference between your 2nd and 3rd progress picture is a huge motivator. In the 2nd picture your abs are looking slim and in the 3rd they are "defined" - this must feel really sweet!

Thank you so much I'm working hard still and thanks for the ab compliment :) they are in there and slowly coming out. Hard after 7 surgeries and two kids. I had a complete hysterectomy a little over a year ago so I feel my tummy will never be as great as it was back in the day, but I'm making strides :) keep up the good work you can do this!
  • thefinest416
    thefinest416 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Size 14 to a 4 is just amazing!!
  • Silvara_11
    Silvara_11 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Congratualtions! Thanks for sharing very inspirational!
  • sljohnson1207
    sljohnson1207 Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look great. And what surgery scars? I can't see them because all I can see is your healthy body and those huge, bright eyes and megawatt smile. You are an inspiration.

I'm sorry to hear you've struggled with endometriosis. I have also had chronic pelvic pain from another debilitating disease, and it's awful. I'm glad you have found some relief!
    MFP friend request sent.
  • ncwingnut71
    ncwingnut71 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • bossejo
    bossejo Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Wow congrats on your awesome job! Add me I'm sure your cooking ideas.and motivation could benefit me!!!
  • MizzMaldy
    MizzMaldy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This is outstanding. Congrats!
  • CarrieB915
    CarrieB915 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Inspirational! Thanks for sharing your story!
  • nseelam
    nseelam Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    amazing job : )!!!!
  • love9705
    love9705 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You look awesome thank for sharing. :D
  • Pammeycakes55
    Pammeycakes55 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Wonderful Job, Kris! I know you do feel good and proud for what you have accomplished. ;) I am quite older than you and am in a 14 now, ( down from a 16/18). It has taken me 4 months to accomplish that. I suppose it takes older folks longer to achieve that goal. :p Well at least in my case it does. I can't do the type of exercises you did, for my body, especially my feet and wrist, for I have severe arthritis. But I do belong to a health club that showed my exercises that are planned around that.

Anyway, I wanted to say congratulations. I think you look fabulous and look like you could just maintain now. You are true inpiration. Keep up the great work! :#
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!