need some tough love !!

Options
I posted a few weeks ago about a health issue I was having and getting off track . It's official -totally off my game . No workouts , eating bad food . Just lost it. The thing is -I'm stronger than this setback and I want to get back to where I was . Hubby is so supportive by bringing fat pizza slices for me to feel better and sharing his chocolate with me. Basically I need a hug..can't eat that - and a jolt of tough love . I know all the things to tell myself , sometimes I need an unbiased kick in the a**. Oh and should I detox from the past few weeks ?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Tell your husband what you want and that what he does really just make things more difficult for you.

What do you mean by detox?
  • deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    You are going to have to ask yourself... Why do I want this? Why is it so important? you are also going to have to have a nice self talk to tell yourself you are worth the effort. No journey is without bumps in the road but learning to deal with those bumps and how to go over them is what matters. We did not get out of shape in a week and we are not going to get in shape in a week. We have to learn our way.

I agree, tell your husband, be blunt, that this is important to you and he is not helping. That you appreciate his thoughts but if he wants to help find a different way.

You can friend me if you wish. I am here daily and can always use supportive friends
  • cyndit1
    cyndit1 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I agree that telling your husband or other caring folks that are used to making you feel better with food that food isn't what you want or need will be empowering for you. And maybe a detox isn't necessary but a firm commitment to yourself to eat within your macros and workout x times in the next 7 days or something like that will help reinforce positive behaviors. Then reward yourself. With a mani or pedi or some other non food reward.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Detoxes are unnecessary. Just brush yourself off and keep moving.
  • SwankyTomato
    SwankyTomato Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Are you logging all the food you are eating? I know that helps me get back on track.

I also take it one day at a time.
  • summeryanez
    Options
    How do I become a part of the group?
  • egirlcat207
    egirlcat207 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    thanks for the replies- getting back on it. woke with a sick tummy-and feeling like blah-hell no. worked too hard to let some taco take me down. anyway-feel free to add me-thanks again!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Tough love:

Don't waste time or money on detoxes.
    Your husband didn't force feed you the pizza or chocolate, if you want a hug ask him for that.
    Also, you can lose weight while still eating pizza or chocolate you just need to eat less of it.
    Stop thinking of food as good or bad, it's food.
    No one is going be able to motivate you, you have to just decide you're important and ready to do it.
    Also, remember you don't have to be perfect just consistent.
    Find a reasonable calorie deficit
    Log your food accurately and honestly
    Rinse and repeat.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    Tough love:

Don't waste time or money on detoxes.
    Your husband didn't force feed you the pizza or chocolate, if you want a hug ask him for that.
    Also, you can lose weight while still eating pizza or chocolate you just need to eat less of it.
    Stop thinking of food as good or bad, it's food.
    No one is going be able to motivate you, you have to just decide you're important and ready to do it.
    Also, remember you don't have to be perfect just consistent.
    Find a reasonable calorie deficit
    Log your food accurately and honestly
    Rinse and repeat.

Agree 100%. You don't HAVE to eat anything someone else gives you or offers you. If/when your husband does that again tell him you really appreciate his concern, but that you'd rather have a hug. Be consistent with that and with yourself over all. Only you can do this for you.
  • kcerrillo
    kcerrillo Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You can't rely in everyone around you. I have people who try to throw me off all the time. U have to want it and stick to it. Give ur self the kick in the *kitten* and stop relying on someone to do it for u. That's my tough love.
  • egirlcat207
    egirlcat207 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Thanks ya'll- you are all correct. no one makes me eat anything-what can I say-as soon as I tell myself no I want it more. I am thinking of finding some healthy and yummy alternatives instead of the same choices. Better choices. Thanks for the tough love lol!!
  • CoachPriscilla
    Options
    It really stinks that your husband does not seem to be supporting you. You can;t control what he does but you can control your reaction to it. Do what you can to ignore it and to realize that his negativity is starting inside him - maybe he is secretly jealous of the motivation that you have?

It is important to surround yourself with people who are supportive and who want to help you reach your goals because it is hard enough to stay on track without having people try to bring you down. Having an accountability group can help! There are days when I totally feel like skipping my workout but I know that if I don't, my group will get on me!! I belong to a group right now that posts a weekly workout challenge for all its members (140+) as of today. We all cheer each other on and hold each other accountable. FR me!
  • wkwebby
    wkwebby Posts: 807 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    Detoxes are unnecessary. Just brush yourself off and keep moving.

+1 for this. The body will naturally detox itself. Just drink PLENTY of water to get the additional sodium and other crap out of it.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    It really stinks that your husband does not seem to be supporting you. You can;t control what he does but you can control your reaction to it. Do what you can to ignore it and to realize that his negativity is starting inside him - maybe he is secretly jealous of the motivation that you have?

It is important to surround yourself with people who are supportive and who want to help you reach your goals because it is hard enough to stay on track without having people try to bring you down. Having an accountability group can help! There are days when I totally feel like skipping my workout but I know that if I don't, my group will get on me!! I belong to a group right now that posts a weekly workout challenge for all its members (140+) as of today. We all cheer each other on and hold each other accountable. FR me!

Really?? Her husband is jealous because he brings her food? Making excuses isn't tough love it's giving an easy out instead

Your accountability group sounds more like a beachbody group
  • CoachPriscilla
    Options
    Yes, jealous people can and will actively try to bring you down and to stop you from meeting your goals. They can try to sabotage what you are trying to do. So if her husband is feeling jealous because he doesn;t have that same motivation, he could be unconsciously or consciously trying to stop her from having success.

The accountability group is not a Beachbody group - the people in the group are doing their own exercise routines or following the weekly workout that is posted.