About how many calories is in this sandwhich?

Options
Alibaeee
Alibaeee Posts: 9
edited January 2015 in Food and Nutrition
So at home I made a nice healthy tuna salad (tuna, celery, corn, lemon juice and a tablespoon of mustard). I didn't have time to measure it this morning when I put it on a sandwich. I put the calories higher than ( I think) it should be. Does this look right? More or less? The sandwhich bread is only 90 calories for sure (: x1wz7zv8i12d.jpg
sumrtnbt0l7v.jpg9x62ldcj5ytj.jpg

Replies

• HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    1) Did you log the corn, because I don't see it.
    2) did you weigh the tuna? Because that doesn't look like enough to be 4 oz.
    3) What other food do you have logged for lunch, or did you accidentally tell MFP that you ate 2 or 3 sandwiches? Because from what I see, you logged a 220-ish kcal sandwich, not 600. But I, like Barbie, find math to be hard.
  • guppy1697
    guppy1697 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    The tune and celery have so few calories to begin with it seems fine to stick with what you logged. If you are concerned with grams of protein from the tuna being accurate I would say maybe 2 ounces?

It isn't really a big deal if you leave it the way you have. No need to worry about a ounce here or there when you are eating clean.

Just my opinion.
  • Alibaeee
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    3) What other food do you have logged for lunch, or did you accidentally tell MFP that you ate 2 or 3 sandwiches? Because from what I see, you logged a 220-ish kcal sandwich, not 600. But I, like Barbie, find math to be hard.
    guppy1697 wrote: »
    The tune and celery have so few calories to begin with it seems fine to stick with what you logged. If you are concerned with grams of protein from the tuna being accurate I would say maybe 2 ounces?

It isn't really a big deal if you leave it the way you have. No need to worry about a ounce here or there when you are eating clean.

Just my opinion.

I forgot to add the rest, but I did log the corn and the rest of my lunch(: and I thought I might have added too many calories . There's 70 calories in 2 ounces of tuna
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    Alibaeee wrote: »
    EWJLang wrote: »
    guppy1697 wrote: »

Just my opinion.

I forgot to add the rest, but I did log the corn and the rest of my lunch(: and I thought I might have added too many calories . There's 70 calories in 2 ounces of tuna

Looks like it's the yoghurt and the cereal that really pushed up your lunch numbers. That's a pretty big lunch, though, with all that good stuff. Should satisfy you enough to take you to dinner, and then you'll have tons of room left over for the evening. Where is the rest of the total coming from, is that 1176 from after you had dinner? Average together your breakfast and lunch and you have a reasonable average of 340 cal per meal for much of the day. You have a very low calorie allotment and no exercise calories to eat back/cushion in case of nibbles. If you feel very unsatisfied at the end of the day, you may want to tinker a bit. I'm a fairly small woman over 40 and MFP has me at almost 1400, so you might have some space to move up a bit.