I need help with my sweet tooth.

2»

Replies

• IndyCarfan
    IndyCarfan Posts: 11 Member
    If you really have trouble managing cravings, you may wish to read The Diet Cure by Julia Ross (or look for her youtube videos and website). She believes taking certain amino acid supplements helps improve mood and eliminate cravings. I thought it was a bunch of garbage, but gave it a try anyway. I haven't had any sugar or starchy carb cravings since day 1. I don't feel deprived. I don't miss it. I simply don't think about eating starchy carbs or sweets. This is coming from a woman who could easily eat an entire loaf of bread, piles of french fries, or pounds of chocolate in one sitting. The best part is I can now eat one serving of cake, cookies, or whatever and STOP without thinking about wanting more. It's seriously changed my life.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    I love those individually wrapped York Peppermint Patties. They 50 calories per so I just make sure that I have room in my plan for that on the days that I want it. I have also made a slice of whole wheat toast with homemade strawberry preserves.
  • I freeze muller lights for a few hours then have them as dessert :) have a really sweet tooth myself + find the toffee ones satisfy a dessert craving!
  • cookiekrunch
    cookiekrunch Posts: 65 Member
    I am on day five of a sweets fast. I could not go a day without cake or cookies and could not stop at wanting only one. I drink a lot of flavored coffee, eat frozen grapes, and substitute the sweet cravings with no sugar added fruit cocktail or pears.
  • Abby2205
    Abby2205 Posts: 253 Member
    Hot tea or herbal tea with sweet flavours (dried fruits and such). 0-10 calories per serving, they take a while to drink, and the heat, sweetness and acidity linger.
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    you could always earn it. A 3 mile run will allow for a 300 calorie splurge. a bag of m&ms is under 300 calories.
  • theseaismyhome
    theseaismyhome Posts: 18 Member
    I really have trouble with chocolate too. I can't get enough of the stuff! I go through stages- months, even- where I can make do with good replacements, like the recipe MakingItGreat posted about upthread, but I always end up going back to a big choccy binge....
  • Kaylee11133
    Kaylee11133 Posts: 31 Member
    Sugar free fudgesicles are only 40 calories, while being pretty chocolatey and good. Fiber one brownies/bars are only 90 calories, rice krispie treats are 90, weight watchers makes some lower calorie icecream bars and popsicles, the dark chocolate covered raspberry popsicle (also 90 calories) is pretty great. Skinny cow makes some candy bars that are 110 calories. They make chocolate and caramel rice cakes, which might not be your idea of sweet goodness, but maybe! You could get some PB2, powdered peanut butter, and make your own cookies or form of dessert that are lower in calories since pb2 is much much lower than peanut butter.

I've, clearly, had to overcome this too lol =P Finding lower calorie snacks that didn't destroy my day helped a bunch.
  • QAPmom
    QAPmom Posts: 458 Member
    At work I like chocolate/caramel nips, they take forever to get through for 30 calories so usually when I eat one its take long enough that it satisfies till the next craving...
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    If you want to buy something you love (like cookies), pre-portion them into Ziploc baggies. If you have to, write the macros as well (calories, fat, carbs, ect), to give you a visual of what you're going to eat if you keep going back to more.

I find that pre-portioning stuff in one go is a lot better than weighing out servings each time I want something, and gives me a visual.
  • JulieAnneFIU
    JulieAnneFIU Posts: 125 Member
    I swear by tootsie roll midgets. Eleven calories each and if you take tiny bites they can last a good bit and are just sweet enough. Just be sure to log it, last night I had nine of them (still under 100 calories!)