May I see your diary??

Options

Replies

• callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    My diary is open. I have been a little less than perfect (okay, a lot) these pat two weeks. But have tracked every day since January 3rd. I cook and eat 90% of my meals from fresh ingredients. And I rotate my menu constantly because I am easily bored. I also strive for < 1500 mg of sodium a day to control high blood pressure.
  • FullOfSpice
    FullOfSpice Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I don't eat perfectly....I do the best I can....my diary is open.....but I'm horrible at meal planning and throw what I eat together....

Same here. Feel free to look around :)
  • djhavoc
    djhavoc Posts: 43
    Options
    Mine is public to everyone.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Bump...
  • julesandrich
    julesandrich Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Mine is public as well. I try to eat healthy and some days I actually succeed. I try to incorporate fruits and vegetables everyday (raw as much as possible) as well as organic dairy products. It has not been an easy change. I do not go out to eat as often as I did in the past, but I do still enjoy high calorie (not so healthy) foods from time to time. Feel free to add me.
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    Feel free to look at mine, its not 100% perfect and it tends to be slightly boring but i try to eat a lot of good whole and natural foods.
  • mpfand
    mpfand Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Mine is public. It's not perfect, but so far it seems to be working for me.
  • brneydgrlie
    brneydgrlie Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    A typical day for me will go something like this. These are my common go-to options:

Breakfast -
    Eggs (sometimes scrambled with veggies or mushrooms)
    Oatmeal
    Quinoa
    Strawberries or blueberries (with something else)
    Leftovers (I don't like cold breakfasts)

Lunch -
    Spinach salad with chicken, black beans, broccoli, cucumbers, kalamata olives, and salsa (Yum!!)
    tuna/avacado sushi roll
    Pulled pork barbecue with a double side of green beans (occasionally)

Dinner -
    Grilled chicken with vegetables
    Grilled chicken salad
    Thai food (no rice - I get glass noodles instead)
    Taco salad with extra black beans (no chips, cheese, or sour cream)
    Salmon and vegetables
    Steak with a double side of vegetables
    Angel hair pasta (occasionally)
    Baked potato or baked steak fries as a side (very occasionally)
    Homemade chili with extra beans (lean beef or turkey)
    Turkey burgers with tomato and avacado slices (no bun) and a side salad

Snacks -
    No sugar added mandarin orange cups
    Dark chocolate almond milk
    Almonds
    Raw broccoli or carrots
    Tomato salad
    Apple slices with peanut butter
    Tortilla chips (very occasionally)
    Coconut milk ice cream (very occasionally)

Drinks - unsweetened iced tea at lunch, the rest of the day is water (12-14 glasses)

**I try to stay away from dairy because I have a sensitivity - it makes me feel horrible, but is not a full blown allergy.
  • brneydgrlie
    Options
    Actually the Eat - Clean Diet Book by Tosca Reno is a great beginning for a newbie that has usually eaten fast foods .. she really explains many things .. top super foods, suplements ( you do not need to take all of them ... better t add one at a time and see what ya think) , execise, and gret recipes.. I just made baby bok choy stir fry with chicken beast .. I substituted 2 oz. rice noodles ( the asian market did not have miracle noodles) for angel hair pasta and also added fresh snow peas, fresh red pepper, pablano pepper and jalepeno pepper ... have some left over for dinner later ... She use to weight over 200 lbs .. so she has been there ...

Every one develops their own personal diet ... if you read alot ... you take a litle from here and there as you find out what works best for you ... and what foods you really like and can ive with long term ...

Best of luck .. many here are very helpful and knowledgeable ... after all we have done this a few times and we all hope this is the last time as we try to develp a life style we can live with vs a diet .

I love bok choy. It is great in chicken soup, BTW!
  • makmyra
    makmyra Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You can check mine out...I'm not perfect..but I've done pretty good so far! Feel free to friend me if you'd like. :flowerforyou:
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Feel free to take a looksee, or add me :tongue:
  • Flocker1979
    Flocker1979 Posts: 96
    Options
    You can add me if you like. My diary is open to friends only.
  • Mkleder
    Mkleder Posts: 289
    Options
    Mine is public. I'm not perfect, but I do try to be honest about my slip ups in my diary and keep them the exception and not the rule.
  • brneydgrlie
    Options
    Keep in mind none of us are perfect! In the beginning, I gave my self one cheat day per week to have whatever I had been craving, without guilt. That cheat day has shrunk down to a cheat meal, and sometimes I don't even do that anymore.

It's all an evolutionary process. Be proud of whatever steps you have made in the right direction - there are sure to be many more to come! :happy:
  • TonyaJ83
    TonyaJ83 Posts: 155
    Options
    I think I do well with eating. I don't eat fast food, junk, chemicals, preservatives, artificial colors or flavors, any ingredient I cannot pronounce, white flour or sugar, soda, etc. Oh, I'm Vegan and eat all natural and as much organic as possible. I love food. But the good stuff. :)
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    mine's public, but I'm not on a conventional diet. I just try to eat clean :)
  • Cbandelier
    Cbandelier Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Mine is pretty decent most of the time, and I eat a lot of different foods.
  • shirlpapaian
    Options
    You should eat breakfast first thing when you wake up.
    Also eat lunch and dinner. Each of these three meals should be between 300-500 calories and balanced with 15-30 grams protein, 30-45 grams carbs, at least 5 grams fiber, 20-30% total fat, no more than 700 mg sodium and consist of protein, slow carb and fast carb with a little healthy fat.
    You should be eating snacks between meals so that you are eating every 2-3 hours while you are awake. Snacks should be between 100-200 calories each. Some good snacks are raisins and nuts, apple with almond butter, popcorn.
    If you follow this your calories shouldn't be an issue, they will fall in line. 1400 is a good number.
    Drink LOTS of water and don't buy foods that list any type of sugar in the first 4 ingredients.:smile:
    You can view mine...
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    Mine's public, though the last few days have been "treat heavy" as I'm having a staycation right now.

Trouble is, it would only be any use to those of us in the UK as it contains a lot of ready-prepared healthy eating meals. We are blessed here, as there are companies such as Tesco who pledge that their meals will never contain any ingredients that you would not use in your own kitchen - and in fact they are lower in salt than they'd be if I'd cooked them LOL.

Below is a recipe for Italian chicken - though next time I'll use half the olive oil. I measured 1 tbsp and dumped it in the pan, only to realise it was more than I'd been using anyway!

Ingredients Calories Carbs Fat Protein Fiber Sodium
    Roast Chicken Breast lean only16 oz 752 0 16 112 0 336
    Red Onion Raw, 300 g 114 23 1 4 5 0
    Generic - Red Bell Pepper, 150 g 47 9 0 2 3 6
    Tesco - Chopped Tomatoes (780g) 184 34 2 9 0 4
    Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 tablespoon 120 0 14 0 0 0
    Tesco - Large Flat Mushrooms, 500 g 65 0 0 0 0 0
    Celery Salt, 1/2 tsp. 0 0 0 0 0 1,200
    Generic - Mixed Dried Herbs, 1 tsp 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Chopped Garlic, 3 tbsp (4g) 30 3 2 1 0 0

Total: 1312 69 35 128 8 1546
    Per Serving: 219 12 6 21 1 258

EDITED TO ADD: Sorry, the numbers all lined up before posted them. This site really does need a post preview feature!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I'm not perfect... and tend to prepackaged lunches (although I keep 'em low sodium), but we do a lot of homecooked stuff too.