Going for an Indian at the weekend - HELP

Hi, I'm going for an Indian at the weekend with my boyfriend and his friends. I don't want to be the "I'm on a diet" annoying girl so I just want to eat the healthiest things I can. So far I've been thinking: just one poppadom, chicken tikka as a starter, and then boiled rice with a curry that is tomato based and contains chicken e.g. chicken balti, chicken dopiaza.

Can anyone estimate around how many calories, fat and saturated fat I'd be looking at in this? And are there any better options for each course? The menu of the place we are going to is here http://www.akbars.co.uk/newcastle/akbars-newcastle-menu in case anyone wants to be that thorough!

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• jaz100_nz
    jaz100_nz Posts: 21 Member
    Have a big salad before you go out so you aren't too hungry, drink water, skip the starters, naan bread and poppodoms, order a vindaloo or sagwaala rather than a creamy korma or butter tikka dish, have a little bit of rice not a lot, and focus on enjoying the company rather than the food.
  • kat_williams
    kat_williams Posts: 22 Member
    I want to eat all the same courses as everyone else does, I want to be able to enjoy having a meal out as it'll be the first time in two weeks. I also should have mentioned I am really not a fan of spicy food haha!
  • corinic91
    corinic91 Posts: 148 Member
    If you know you're going to indulge one meal, you can always "bank" some extra calories in the days leading up to it. Eat at a slightly larger deficit (assuming you are eating more than 1200 cal) and then enjoy the meal with your friends guilt-free. Even if you go over for your day, get back on track the next. Life happens, if you can't enjoy yourself every once in a while, you're going to bail on this process really quickly.