Back After A Break (w/ pics)

Salpica
Salpica Posts: 205 Member
edited September 27 in Success Stories
Well I've been away from this site for the last month due to a pretty busy period with work. With that as well I was not really able to continue with my workout regimen. Luckily, I still watched what I ate and managed to maintain my weight for the month off. Yesterday was the first day back to the gym for me and it felt GREAT to start back into eating healthy and working out again. I haven't posted in here yet, but I think with the feedback I receive it will help motivate me that much more to continue.

Here is my before. I was at 203lbs here, the highest I've ever been.

179078_620606962676_116501909_35413023_7477466_n.jpg

This picture was taken last week. I am now at 180lbs!

work.jpg

I ran into an old coworker today who I haven't seen since last year and all she could tell me is how much skinner I looked. Yes, it's only 23lbs but to me it feels like so much more!

Also, I'm trying to get back into logging my food and exercise so I would love some new friends to help keep me motivated. Thanks for taking the time to read my little rant!!!

Replies

• mrsdoody
    mrsdoody Posts: 10
    Inspiring!! Great work! You look so much younger!! x
  • t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    you look GREAT!!
  • wyze
    wyze Posts: 248
    great job, you look good
  • tonicia
    tonicia Posts: 145 Member
    23 lbs, but I bet you've gained tons of muscle too! Not just about the number on the scale...it looks like wayyy more than a 23 lb difference! Great job!
  • gladysrutter
    gladysrutter Posts: 39 Member
    well done!!!
  • prettybrownround
    prettybrownround Posts: 362 Member
    U look awesome! Congrats on maintaining ur weight while u were away. Keep up the great work :)
  • verokris
    verokris Posts: 1 Member
    yes, I agree with rest of gals,, It does look like you lost more than 23 lbs................ Im starting again tomorrow after 2 wks off due to a neck strain.... .. keep up the good work........... hopefully I will last on my regimen as well........ let's be strong. ...
  • lilwashee
    lilwashee Posts: 222 Member
    wow thats fantastic!!!
  • Salpica
    Thanks for the compliments, I really do appreciate it. It makes me excited about getting to the gym tomorrow! :happy:

I do hope there is some muscle that was added too! It's always hard to notice any changes when you see yourself in the mirror everyday.
  • rurukidoo
    rurukidoo Posts: 54
    You're looking really good! Well done! =)
  • Salpica
    You're looking really good! Well done! =)

Thank you! :smile:
  • adristory
    adristory Posts: 42 Member
    Way to go! You can tell the difference. Btw, I couldn't help but noticing your dog...so cute . Looks like a photoshopped chocolate lab with the body of a dalmatian. Cute
  • Salpica
    Way to go! You can tell the difference. Btw, I couldn't help but noticing your dog...so cute . Looks like a photoshopped chocolate lab with the body of a dalmatian. Cute

HAHA yeah, she is a chunker too. I think I need to see what I can do no setting up her an account on this to help her out too. :laugh:

She is actually a German Short Haired Pointer. I can definitely see where someone could mistake her for a lab. Thanks for the complement too. :smile:
  • jencsmith
    jencsmith Posts: 4
    Awesome! you look great and i can imagine you feel even better!
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Great job!! Keep it going! I love your GSHP. I have one too!! They are a handfull!!
  • Goose82
    Goose82 Posts: 8
    Great job! 23 lbs aint nothin to sneeze at! :) And cute pup! My baby looks kinda like her/him...dont really know what he is. But hes black with dark gray on the body and has a spotted head and neck, black and white! Its crazy how much he looks like your dog! Hes just different colored, but same features :)
  • susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    You look great ,it looks like you have lost so much more than 23lbs ,well done.
  • Salpica
    Great job!! Keep it going! I love your GSHP. I have one too!! They are a handfull!!

Can you say Diva?! Oh God it's almost to much to handle!
    Great job! 23 lbs aint nothin to sneeze at! :) And cute pup! My baby looks kinda like her/him...dont really know what he is. But hes black with dark gray on the body and has a spotted head and neck, black and white! Its crazy how much he looks like your dog! Hes just different colored, but same features :)

Short haired or long hair? Sounds like it could be a cross with the German Short Haired Pointer and a Wirehaired Pointer?!

Awesome! you look great and i can imagine you feel even better!

The best part is the confidence that you gain from it. That is almost nicer to feel than knowing about the long term positives to being healthy!
    You look great ,it looks like you have lost so much more than 23lbs ,well done.

I could have lied, but then I would have felt bad! Thanks very much though, and BTW I am a fan of Twilight too. :blushing:
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!