Feedback please

Hello all I would like feedback on my eating. from the peanut gallery. Tell me if im eating healthy enough , or too much or not enough, etc
keep in mind im active athlete into cycling and XC skiing, so always training for something.
Look forward to all your feedbacks, thanks

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    What are your goals?
  • worldtraveller321
    worldtraveller321 Posts: 150 Member
    goals are to loose a few more pounds. get down to 163lbs or more to be more competitive, but in general want to eat proper that works best for my cycling, in general have a more pure healthy daily diet etc.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    You calorie deficit is too large and you need to eat more protein.
  • worldtraveller321
    ooh really, u think i am not eating enough, and get in more protein?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    It's hard to tell as your logging is inaccurate. You have meals/days with nothing listed, and it appears you aren't using a food scale. That isn't required, but it helps to make sure you're eating what you believe you are, especially when you have less to lose.

I do agree with what Liz said. Your deficit, with eighteen pounds to lose, should be no more than a pound per week, and increasing protein will help you retain your muscle while you lose. You should be aiming for your calorie goal, not under.
  • crashchamp
    crashchamp Posts: 147 Member
    I scrolled back about a week and see a bunch of days with 700 calories, 400? doubt these values are accurate. If they are eat more
  • worldtraveller321
    ya i missed logging in a few days. and i was just putting the generic stats from the site, should i actually put in the actual amount i am eating?
  • emmoen
    emmoen Posts: 218 Member
    definately need to eat more or your body will go into starvation mode and retain everything you eat. I would also increase protein. By doing this your body will burn more calories to break it down. Best of Luck
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    ya i missed logging in a few days. and i was just putting the generic stats from the site, should i actually put in the actual amount i am eating?

Yes, because you are not as good at eyeballing as you think you are. (Nothing personal, no one is.) You need to figure out how many calories you are actually consuming each day, and only accurate weighing and logging will tell you that.
  • worldtraveller321
    ok last few days now i been putting in exact amounts i eat, so see how this works out
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    If you have any interest at all in athletic/cycling performance and maintaining as much lean mass as possible while losing fat then your calorie deficit is far too big and your protein intake is far too small.

• worldtraveller321
    so in other words i should be eating more? i feel i eat too much already, as i feel full quite a bit. where u think i am lacking in eating at meals?
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    My comment is a question. An active athlete that only eats 800, 1200, 1600 calories a day? How is your performance on that? Because that is what a sedentary obese 32 year old female at 183 pounds can eat to lose weight. That's a personal reference :smile: An athlete needs to eat more than that. WAY more than that if they want to build muscles and endurance. What are your burns per training session? Likely in excess of 1000 calories?
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    emmoen wrote: »
    definately need to eat more or your body will go into starvation mode and retain everything you eat. I would also increase protein. By doing this your body will burn more calories to break it down. Best of Luck

No.
  • Looking just at today, I see you are VERY carb heavy. Try to balance out all the fruit with more veggies and add in more sources of fat/protein. Protein is especially important if you are an athlete!
  • Oh, and like others said, eat more! Way more.
  • worldtraveller321
    ok thanks, very helpful actually
  • sanfly
    sanfly Posts: 207 Member
    I think your exercise estimates seem quite high for the duration and type of exercise you are doing.

It's well accepted that using the values MFP gives you can be between 10 - 30% higher than reality

I recommend getting a Heart Rate Monitor (with a chest strap) to more accurate log
  • worldtraveller321
    Hi there, I do train with a HRT and have a training program i follow as well. I do XC ski as well and lots of cycling, from mt bike, road and winter fat bike in snow.
    Durations of exercise is for my endurance days is i need to work into a doing a long 6 hour ride soon for a bike event im doing in a few weeks. as i do lots of long endurance bike races when i can.
    But in general if i had someone to watch everything from eating, it would be helpful. i did hire a coach last year i used for oover a year, only gave me training workouts, wouldnt look at my diet unless i paid lots more for that, i always thought my eating was ok, but not
    also i work straight nights, so that may do different, perhaps if there was anyone one here who i can communicate more direct, and we can help each other day by day in motivation and advice i be open to, thanks