Pizza Junkie

Options
olyjok
olyjok Posts: 133 Member
I'm Looking for a low carb and cal personal style pizza recipe. I love pizza and love vegetables. I find myself cooking alone after work. On average I have 600-700 calories left for dinner. Something quick and easy.

Replies

• auntchellebelle
    auntchellebelle Posts: 127 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I love to make a pizza with a wheat pita, a little ragu pizza sauce, and 2% mozz cheese. Toast it until the cheese is melted and YUM!! You can add veggies or fruit to add more flavor.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    I love to make a pizza with a wheat pita, a little ragu pizza sauce, and 2% mozz cheese. Toast it until the cheese is melted and YUM!! You can add veggies or fruit to add more flavor.
    This. Similarly, tortillas would also work.

• olyjok
    Options
    Thanks for the base of the pizza. Not sure how long a oven will take... I'll play around a bit
  • gelar93
    gelar93 Posts: 160
    edited January 2015
    Options
    You should try the low carb low calorie cauliflower pizza crust. http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Low-Carb-Cauliflower-Crust-Pizza-Recipe-30739512

Put whatever toppings you want!
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    gelar93 wrote: »
    You should try the low carb low calorie cauliflower pizza crust. http://www.popsugar.com/fitness/Low-Carb-Cauliflower-Crust-Pizza-Recipe-30739512

Put whatever toppings you want!

I love the cauliflower crust. It is yummy. I also use an English muffin and top with various items and put in the oven to bake. For me, I like to make the pizza at home because it seems less greasy to me.
  • olyjok
    Options
    Cauliflower and the Hummus pizza seem great to me. Low Carb and cal
  • olyjok
    Options
    Thank you :)
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    This might sound a little strange, but sometimes I make skinnytaste.com's baked eggplant sticks and they really hit the pizza spot for me too. They are tossed in breadcrumbs and parm cheese, then baked. You dip them in marinara. I think they are meant to be a side dish but honestly I love to cook up a half of an eggplant just for me and have that for dinner as a treat. I think all that is under 200 calories total. Not sure about the carbs but I can't imagine those are very high.

When I do make pizza I use emilybites.com's deep dish pizza recipe as a base. I add tons of veggies and get a huge, satisfying portion for under 400 calories. It does use a regular pizza crust though, so that may or may not work for you.
  • egirlcat207
    egirlcat207 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I am curious to try the pizza zucchini bites. Sliced zucchini with pizza sauce and topping. I am a pizza junkie also and need to find a good replacement for when the craving hits. I have found a really good gluten free all nat crust-the whole crust is 600 cal. its probably 10-12'. I throw my sauce on and skim mozzarella yum!
  • xXBabyBelleXx
    xXBabyBelleXx Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My version of home made Pizza is to take a packet of pita breads, cook them for 5 mins, then add on meats, vegs and tomato sauce (you can make your own or for speed buy a small jar), then mozzarella cheese cook for 10 mins. Serve with salad and its gorgeous! I cook this at least once a week and its only 592 calories when made with two pitta breads :-)
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Slice lettuce.
    Pour marinara sauce on it.

Enjoy!
  • gconrod
    gconrod Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Weight watchers Tomato Pita Pizza, no sauce just sliced tomatos with olive oil, basil, salt and pepper, paprika and garlic. I love feta on this and red onion. You can score an awesome flavour and only 400 calories depending on cheese use and lower sodium than a tomato sauce from can. :)
    G
  • taimih
    taimih Posts: 14
    Options
    Cauliflower Pizza Crust

1/2 head cauliflower, grated or riced
    1 egg or 1/4 cup of egg white
    1/2 cup shredded skim milk mozzarella cheese
    2 tsp oregano or a blended italian spice. I have also used crushed garlic, use whatever you want to add some zip.

Preheat oven to 450

Grate the cauliflower. Cook in microwave on high for three minutes, do not add water. Soak up any excess liquid it may have sweated in the process. Mix in the egg, cheese and spices.

Spray pan with cooking spray or use parchment paper to line a pan. Put the mixture onto the sprayed/papered pan. Form into a circle about the size of a dinner plate.

Cook for approx 15 min.

Add whatever toppings you like. Ensure any meat/fish is already cooked.

Broil for 3-6 minutes until it is bubbly and slightly browned on top. Let is sit for a few minutes after removing from the oven, cut and serve.

I found it easiest to eat with a fork. It isn't as stiff as a dough crust. If you cook it longer initially it may be.

Enjoy

**I made second one with 1/8 cup of egg white. It was just as excellent. More cauliflower flavor :)
  • olyjok
    Options
    My version of home made Pizza is to take a packet of pita breads, cook them for 5 mins, then add on meats, vegs and tomato sauce (you can make your own or for speed buy a small jar), then mozzarella cheese cook for 10 mins. Serve with salad and its gorgeous! I cook this at least once a week and its only 592 calories when made with two pitta breads :-)[/quote

When you say cook them is it in the oven, pan or Microwave?
  • GingerbreadCandy
    GingerbreadCandy Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I am curious to try the pizza zucchini bites. Sliced zucchini with pizza sauce and topping. I am a pizza junkie also and need to find a good replacement for when the craving hits. I have found a really good gluten free all nat crust-the whole crust is 600 cal. its probably 10-12'. I throw my sauce on and skim mozzarella yum!

You can also do this with aubergine. Then you can have some sort of mini-pizzas. :)
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, I put a piece of pepperoni pizza on top of a piece of sausage pizza, so that the crusts are on the outside, and eat it like that. foodgasm.
  • katekc22
    katekc22 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower pizza is great for a healthier pizza ! There's a bunch of recipes for it on Pinterest.