House exercise.

Options
Hi. I'm currently working 24 hr shifts live in. (Nursing)

I was wondering if anyone could suggest exercises I could do inside? (Core, light cardio) There is a set of stairs. (12) I do not have access to a DVD player etc.

Thanks. :)

Replies

• ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    Body weight exercises are easy and use no extra equipment :D
    http://greatist.com/fitness/50-bodyweight-exercises-you-can-do-anywhere
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Are you able to buy equipment? I'm really beginning to like the kettle bell exercises.
  • iheartinsanity
    iheartinsanity Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    If you're online, you can use fitnessblender.com, and I've seen lots of free workouts online. Also bodyweight exercises are great, too.
  • tephanies1234
    tephanies1234 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    google ZWOW
  • sevakraj
    sevakraj Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    if you have smartphone, you could use a range of "exercise apps" to guide you with exercise routines. If you can't get a long stretch of time, you could use apps such as, "7 min workout", etc. .
  • Tofuheart
    Tofuheart Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    google ZWOW

I will. Thanks. :)
  • Tofuheart
    Options
    sevakraj wrote: »
    if you have smartphone, you could use a range of "exercise apps" to guide you with exercise routines. If you can't get a long stretch of time, you could use apps such as, "7 min workout", etc. .

Can you recommend any Aps for that?
  • Tofuheart
    Options
    CariJean64 wrote: »
    Are you able to buy equipment? I'm really beginning to like the kettle bell exercises.

Yes. I can whatever needed.
  • Tofuheart
    Options
    Body weight exercises are easy and use no extra equipment :D
    http://greatist.com/fitness/50-bodyweight-exercises-you-can-do-anywhere

Great! I'll check that out. Thank you :)
  • Tofuheart
    Options
    If you're online, you can use fitnessblender.com, and I've seen lots of free workouts online. Also bodyweight exercises are great, too.

I can only use the Internet in my phone. And I have limited data. :(
  • corinic91
    corinic91 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Tofuheart wrote: »
    sevakraj wrote: »

Can you recommend any Aps for that?

I have the app "you are your own gym" (Mark Lauren Bodyweight Training) that I like a lot. I'm scared for my door hinges every time I use it, but it's a good workout. :laugh:
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Check out the YouTube channel of Tony Horton. He posts a bunch of workouts that you can do at home. I do all of my workouts at home too. I just don't have time for the gym. Rock it!
  • iheartinsanity
    iheartinsanity Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender.com (they have a youtube channel as well). I've even had to use the app on my iphone when I forgot my dvds when I've traveled (and no hotel gym was available). Also maybe some resistance bands - they pack light.