Feel ill after a Mcdonald!

Options
13»

Replies

• Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should thank your body for helping guide you back to better options.

Asparagus makes my pee smell funny. Is it my body telling me to look for something better?

Not exactly a parallel argument there, is it? Why are you picking a fight?

I'm not. I'm simply saying your argument of their body helping them by responding a particular way to avoid food that is just...food seems kind of silly. We're not even 100% what it could be. Could be a plethora of things. I got food poisoning from tuna before. It wasn't the tunas fault and didn't make tuna bad (well it did go bad), it was the person who sat it out too long and served its fault. I still eat tuna.
  • itsautumnmo
    itsautumnmo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I understand what you mean. I was eating fast food for every meal, i've been eating healthy meals from home for a week and a half and went to Taco Bell and felt like crap the next day, it gave me a headache and my stomach hurt.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    Maybe the server hadn't washed their hands properly. It's highly unlikely the OP has a wheat intolerance they haven't noticed previously. After two weeks it's doubtful that their digestive system has freaked out over a McDonald's (processed crap or not). The human body can tolerate an awful lot.

This. More likely a food handling issue (which can be questionable at a place like McDs).

I rarely eat fast food - but when I do it is out of necessity (on the road, no time, etc). I don't recall ever having issues with it despite eating generally a decent diet. Occasionally I have some stomach issues afterwards but that really is just from having an overly greasy meal rather than anything "spooky bad" in the food.

There are some quite good fast food places out there that are much better tasting than McDs. But really there isn't anything "wrong" with McDs other than perhaps the sheer number of calories you might not realize you are consuming if you don't order with care.
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    Apparently I'm doing this all wrong. I never did quit fast food, or even desired to quit it. I simply started ordering either smaller portions or replacing some lower quality items with IMO higher quality items, ie, fruit and yogurt parfait instead of fries? <since we're on the mcD's subject. I also search the fast food websites for what has the best protein/calorie ratio.

^the mcwraps have pretty awesome macros

Agreed - those McWraps are really not at all bad. Either nutrition-wise or taste.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Apparently I'm doing this all wrong. I never did quit fast food, or even desired to quit it.

As I'm sure you know, if you didn't desire to quit it, that's not wrong at all.

On the other hand, if you don't care for it, no reason to eat it. All win.
  • ng_jenice
    Options
    Fast cheap food I don't know what is in their food. Tastes like crap & makes me feel that crap too! That why I don't eat it. I won't even let my kids eat there.
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    It seemed to me that earlier posters were saying they had given up fast food because there was apparently something wrong with it, and now that they are eating "clean," they can no longer physically handle said food. That would be a sad state for me.
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Anyone here working for McD's. promoting your boss?

don't clarify if you are not

Please clarify above statement and subsequent question.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Apparently I'm doing this all wrong. I never did quit fast food, or even desired to quit it. I simply started ordering either smaller portions or replacing some lower quality items with IMO higher quality items, ie, fruit and yogurt parfait instead of fries? <since we're on the mcD's subject. I also search the fast food websites for what has the best protein/calorie ratio.

This is what I did too.

Many a time over the busy Christmas shopping season, I'd go to Wendy's for my lunch break from work (it was close). I'd have a jr baconator, plain, no bun, with mustard and their side caesar, no croutons, diet coke. For me, it fit my cals and macros nicely, was pretty dang tasty, and never gave me stomach problems.
  • radmack
    radmack Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Gallbladder issues could cause a reaction like that.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    It seemed to me that earlier posters were saying they had given up fast food because there was apparently something wrong with it, and now that they are eating "clean," they can no longer physically handle said food. That would be a sad state for me.

I don't know about everyone else, but I mentioned a regular weird reaction to eating some fast food back when I used to eat it more often (over 10 years ago). I mostly quit eating it (depending on how you define it, I guess), in 2003, because I don't really care for it (I used to eat it basically for the fries, but I tend to crave different fries when I'm craving fries anymore), but every once in a while I have it--it can hit the spot on a road trip. I've never felt ill from eating it.
  • shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Once I stopped eating rice for a month - which was REALLY hard for an Asian. I started eating it again and then I had the worst time on the toilet that night and the next morning. Everything else I ate was what I was "normally" eating. I doubt plain white rice is what a lot of people consider to be processed food.

My point being, once you've cut something from your diet completely and re-introduce it suddenly, you're gonna have a bad time. And fast food twice in a day?? Why not just have it as a meal once a week instead of going nuts? I still eat burgers, rice and timtams. My weight loss might not be hitting 1kg a week but I've kept off the weight I've lost so far and I'm doing WAY better than my mates who insist on eating clean.

Moderation : It is your friend.