LADIES! Tips and tricks for fatigue!

Options
allise175
allise175 Posts: 10 Member
edited January 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
I've recently started a new birth control that completely drains me when it's time for my menstrual cycle, this making my workouts dreadful! Anybody have any tips or tricks on overcoming fatigue during your cycle?

Replies

• pokegurl
    Options
    I try and eat more meat. Also, try b 12 or b complex.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Depth charge: 24 oz of coffee and a double shot of espresso.
  • jukyu
    jukyu Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    supplements. Neon Sport Volt and Cellucor C4 are good pre-workouts, but I'm not sure what your tolerance is like. Also, what time of day are you working out? Hormones such as testosterone and cortisol vary during the day, which can impact how quickly you fatigue during your workout.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    This is an interesting read on how the phases of your cycle affect workouts: http://www.t-nation.com/training/hormone-cycle-and-female-lifters
  • Lei9785gha
    Lei9785gha Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Coffee or b12 shots if u can tolerate them
  • bos10fit
    bos10fit Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    jukyu wrote: »
    supplements. Neon Sport Volt and Cellucor C4 are good pre-workouts, but I'm not sure what your tolerance is like. Also, what time of day are you working out? Hormones such as testosterone and cortisol vary during the day, which can impact how quickly you fatigue during your workout.

Neon volt!
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    i go easy on myself during that "special" time of month. I also take a handful of vitamins every day. Super B, prenatal, Vit D, Glucosamine and soy isoflavones (soy is just during pms)
  • lakhena
    lakhena Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Did you check in with your OB? I had to take iron supplements to avoid fatigue during that time of the month...
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I was gonna say make your partner get a vasectomy LOL. But I see you are 23 so I doubt that is on the menu just yet. Good luck!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Meh- mine's had his -and he was barely 31.

They let men snip snip way before women- it's out right sexists and completely bias (RAGE- but another subject).
    1.) eat a little more
    2.) res a little more
    3.) workout anyway.

4.) more importantly- go see your doctor about switching pills. Perhaps this one isn't the right one for you.
  • allise175
    Options

I usually workout around 1-130pm so I'll be up and moving around and have had breakfast and probably a light snack by the time I hit the gym. As far as the supplements should I just check with supplement super store?
  • Lucylove1990
    Options
    I was on bc for 10 years. I stopped taking it last year. I never had any energy at all. Even getting out of bed was difficult. I had bloodwork done constantly and something was always low even though I took vitamins. I feel a million times better now that I have stopped taking it. Other than lots of caffeine I don't have any other suggestions. I'm sorry.
  • allise175
    Options
    I was gonna say make your partner get a vasectomy LOL. But I see you are 23 so I doubt that is on the menu just yet. Good luck!

Lol that probably is the better option!
  • allise175
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'll definitely check out the vitamins and supplements and see what works best for me!
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

They let men snip snip way before women- it's out right sexists and completely bias (RAGE- but another subject).
    1.) eat a little more
    2.) res a little more
    3.) workout anyway.

4.) more importantly- go see your doctor about switching pills. Perhaps this one isn't the right one for you.

My husband got his at 31 too. We were just dating...the doctor's office kept saying "your wife" this and "your wife" that, and even DURING the procedure the doc made comments about how we're "done having children" (neither of us ever had/wanted any). Very annoying.

Sorry didn't mean to hijack.

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

1.) eat a little more
    2.) res a little more
    3.) workout anyway.

My husband got his at 31 too. We were just dating...the doctor's office kept saying "your wife" this and "your wife" that, and even DURING the procedure the doc made comments about how we're "done having children" (neither of us ever had/wanted any). Very annoying.

yeah- we aren't married yet- and we both know we don't want kids- I'm starting to consider permanent sterilization- no reason not to and it means I don't have to keep taking pills.

(He still hasn't gotten his "follow up test" and it's been over a year- I want to punch him in his useless testicle sometime- seriously).

While I get it that as a couple you should at least be aware of each other's opinions on the matter- it's not the doctor's job to be making a federal case of it. Seriously.
    ANNOYING.

Oh well- ce-la vie I guess. (or how ever it's spelled LOL)
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    What on Earth, JoRocka...seems pointless for him not to get the follow up test so you can just relax. Grrrr
  • bos10fit
    bos10fit Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    allise175 wrote: »

I usually workout around 1-130pm so I'll be up and moving around and have had breakfast and probably a light snack by the time I hit the gym. As far as the supplements should I just check with supplement super store?

GNC carries Volt. Their pro card is worth signing up for. Gives you discounts! Only costs a few bucks with your first purchase.

• scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    F***ing periods. Lol! Sometimes, I just have to back off a little for a couple days and do some "easier" workouts. You might want to try a different pill, too. They have so many out there. I always did better on the loser dosage pills.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options

1.) eat a little more
    2.) res a little more
    3.) workout anyway.

yeah- we aren't married yet- and we both know we don't want kids- I'm starting to consider permanent sterilization- no reason not to and it means I don't have to keep taking pills.

(He still hasn't gotten his "follow up test" and it's been over a year- I want to punch him in his useless testicle sometime- seriously).

While I get it that as a couple you should at least be aware of each other's opinions on the matter- it's not the doctor's job to be making a federal case of it. Seriously.
    ANNOYING.

Oh well- ce-la vie I guess. (or how ever it's spelled LOL)

In some states it used to be (please let this be a used to be) that for a woman to get a tubal, her husband was legally required to sign off on the procedure.

Sue_is_in_a_rage_zpse361bfde.gif