What is your meal plan?

Options
My new year's resolution is to be more fit. I need to eat better and exercise. I want to know what your healthy meal plan look like in a typical day. Thanks :)

Replies

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    My diary is public, but I'm not sure what you consider healthy (for me, it's meeting my macro's and micro's).
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Eat the things I love in moderation. Try to hit my protein goal. Ice cream or chocolate after dinner.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    My diary is public, but I'm not sure what you consider healthy (for me, it's meeting my macro's and micro's).

^^This is my "always and forever" plan. Additionally, my philosophy is to eat as much as I can and still lose. Eat all the food! I gets mah treats (usually chocolate or a glass of wine or a beer occasionally, etc.), but only after I've hit my macros and fiber for the day, and if there's calories left. Which I *make* darn sure there's a few calories left ;).
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Skip breakfast-3 cups of coffee
    Midday snack-granola bar/fruit/yogurt (generally only one)
    First meal around 4 or 5-salad, meat/poultry/beans with sides, omelet, sandwiches, etc
    Second meal around 7 or 8, same stuff as first meal
    Snack around 10 or 11-bread with peanut butter, oatmeal, veggies and hummus, tortilla chips, whatever I want/can afford from a caloric standpoint
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Eating all the foods I have always eaten, just a smaller amount than before I started MFP so it fits into my daily calories. No food is off the table, unless it's gone bad. LOL! That's my meal plan. :flowerforyou:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Everything, in moderation. This means chocolate too! Woot woot!
  • cwlsr
    cwlsr Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I will keep it short! Your question is the same one that I asked myself when I started using the program. I have found that eating the things that are healthy which you like is important if you are to succeed. As you progress start developing your own recipes which the program will help you do. Don't forget sleep, water and mind rest because they will go a long way in assisting you in obtaining good health.
  • lisaab27
    lisaab27 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm a type 2 diabetic. The diet I'm following is a diabetic diet to help control my sugars and also to lose weight. So I count carbs, not calories. It's very close to the Mediterranean Diet, I think. I must eat 5 meals a day: breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, snack. The 3 meals are only 45 carbs at breakfast, lunch and dinner, plus 2 ounces protein at lunch, 3 ounces protein at dinner. Snacks are only 15 carbs allowed. Lots of vegetables, but I have to limit fruit amounts to keep sugars good. I have to measure everything. I have a little scale and I have some measuring cups that I use. If you eyeball it, you will give yourself more. It is a 1800 calorie diet, if you count calories. I'm watching my salt and trying to drink more water. I do a lot of my own recipes because stuff already prepared that you just throw together is full of salt. My diary is open if you want to look.
  • Pootler74
    Pootler74 Posts: 223 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I aim to make my diet about 50% non-starchy fruit and vegetables, and get at least 100g of protein and about 40g of fibre a day. Those three keep me full and not inclined to want to overeat or eat junk food.

I start most days with a protein smoothie with fruit and often spinach. Plus I'll throw some psyllium husk powder in it. That keeps me full until lunchtime and helps make sure I meet my protein and fibre goal. Plus it's really yummy. :)

But I still eat junk food - some sort of chocolate or alcohol treat every day. And I work pizza, ice cream and burgers into my calories by pre-planning my food for the day.

My diary is public if you want to snoop.
  • patches212
    patches212 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - oatmeal (or some such grain food that takes a long time to digest) and protein (I usually do eggs. Sometimes eaten as a mid-morning snack)

Lunch - salad in a jar then add a protein on top when you go to eat it (I like tuna right now. Chicken is good too if you like it)

Dinner - baked tilapia or basa or salmon or chicken or other such lean protein. Cut up or steamed veg like carrots and celery or brocolli or whatnot. And 1c brown rice or quinoa or some nan bread

Snacks - protein shake when I feel munchy.

Trying to maintain a 40% protein 40% carb and 20% fat ratio balance. Ish.
    Trying really hard to remember to drink enough water so I don't get super snacky through the day. It sucks when I forget. I prep all my food for the week in jars on the weekend, I eat the same things a lot cause it's easier to prep. Lost 6 lbs in almost 2 weeks and still falling... This is the only time I've ever lost weight with food alone.
    Scale and measuring cups/spoons is key. Best healthy purchase I ever made! It's very well worth knowing exact amounts and it really isn't that tedious to do.
    The trick is to eat things you actually like and can work with. Don't get mad or punish yourself if you mess up a day or take extra time working out how your meals will work for you. Good luck!
  • summergirl212
    summergirl212 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I usually eat similar foods.

Breakfast- fiber one cereal & skim milk or sandwich thin and peanut butter, or egg beaters and turkey sausage
    Lunch - turkey on sandwich thin, cheese stick, apple, carrots, granola bar

Dinners have more variety. Some of my favorite meals are chicken with veggies, pulled pork, whole wheat spaghetti, stir fry, etc.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Breakfast = diet mtdew × xyience cherry lime. 10 cals
    Lunch 12 ounces ham or Turkey 400 calories
    Dinner 14 ounces ground beef + spaghetti sauce + 2 slices garlic bread + 220 grams cookies n cream ice cream. 1500 calories.
    Typical day for me. No extra calories. As today was a non lift day.
    Eta. Had 300 calories of Sun chips and sweet potato tortilla chips at lunch too
  • Jimmyftw94
    Jimmyftw94 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Breakfast = Cereal with milk, I like Kix brand the most

Lunch = Steamed Broccoli with Fresh Tofu with White Rice

Dinner = Spaghetti with Tomato Sauce with Steamed Shrimps

Beverage = Water and Tea
  • AmberAntoine
    Options
    It is simple you only have to balance your calorie intake. Keep this in mind that try to take less calories and burn more.
  • AllieLosingIt
    AllieLosingIt Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I eat anything and everything I like, in moderation. I try my best to focus on hitting protein goals and everything else falls into place pretty easily.
  • Benevolay
    Benevolay Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I don't eat healthy. Healthier than I did when I started, but not by any of your standards. It's all about calories. You can lose weight eating whatever you like as long as you don't exceed your caloric allotment. Pretty much everything that I eat is processed and I lost 85 lbs. so far.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Everything, in moderation. This means chocolate too! Woot woot!

and wine

• mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I like to eat as much as I can while slowly losing weight. I do try to fit my protein macro more than any other, particularly on the day I'm weight lifting. I also eat all things.
  • walkonfire5
    walkonfire5 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - egg salad never one for breakfast cereal
    Lunch - fruit
    Diner - protein rice vegetables

But lastnight i had shepherd's pie you can eat anything you like hey i even had a mini chocolate eclair and was still 80 calories remaining for that day you can eat what you like as long as you stay in your calories limit. But for me i stick with rice veg protein daily multi vitamin tablets fruit tons of water and one hot chocolate thats about 40 calories in the evening
    You can still lose weight by having one cookie not the packet you have to rewire your way of thinking one cookie ect. I even have chicken burgers and french fries as a treat but still in my calorie limit

But mostly rice veg protein Fruit and
    Everyone should have a multivitamin tablet daily boost
  • Iri_2
    Iri_2 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I eat everything I like in moderation.