What food should I eat And food I should stay away from

Options
Hey my name is Latoya and I'm trying to lose weight bad what food I should stay away from and food I should eat also what time should I stop eat at night please give me some fed back

Replies

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Ok. You can eat what you like, just eat less of it. There is no food you need to avoid. You can eat whenever you like. It has no bearing on weight loss. You can eat right before bed, it won't make you fat, as long a you are staying within your calorie limit.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    You should eat foods you enjoy. And stay away from anything you don't like. You couldn't pay me to eat an olive.
  • sloseph
    sloseph Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    you should eat food and avoid eating anything that isn't food :)

all you need to do is accurately track everything you eat and stay below your calorie limit

you can eat what ever you want as long as you stay under your limit but you'll quickly find that eating a bowl of ice cream that takes up half your calorie allowance won't feel you anywhere near as satisfied as a proper meal
  • Latoya_Richardson
    Latoya_Richardson Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I eat everything and I don't size it my plate be full
  • wiebelnancy
    wiebelnancy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Try using a smaller plate if you can until you get the hang of portion control. Food scale is also good. It just takes a little time but it is worth it.
  • Latoya_Richardson
    Options
    Thank you I will try that
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I eat everything and I don't size it my plate be full

start weighing and measuring everything you eat
  • Latoya_Richardson
    Options
    Ok should it be like a size of your fist
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    Ok should it be like a size of your fist

no, it should be weighed on scales
  • Latoya_Richardson
    Options
    That the thang I don't know how my body is like the garbage disposal that just want to eat everything and I hate it
  • Latoya_Richardson
    Options
    Ok I try to buy would you such a big help to my life
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    That the thang I don't know how my body is like the garbage disposal that just want to eat everything and I hate it

you're in control of your body. the sooner you realise that the easier it is.
  • Latoya_Richardson
    Options
    Ok thank for those spoke words it gave me confidence to know now
  • Latoya_Richardson
    Options
    True that's why I need a eating schedule what to eat and what to stay away from what time should I stop eating at night cause I tend to lay down after dinner
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    all U need is to meet your calorie goal for the day and divide that in any quantity of meals that you desire and if that includes eating something just before you go to bed then go for it #MakeItWork
  • TavistockToad
    Options
    True that's why I need a eating schedule what to eat and what to stay away from what time should I stop eating at night cause I tend to lay down after dinner

no, you just need a calorie deficit
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Calories don't know time. You can eat right up until bedtime if you want and still won't gain (if you are eating in a deficit). I have a snack within 30 mins of going to bed and it hasn't hindered me because I'm staying at my calorie goal.

Eat what foods you enjoy, just eat less of them. Lean proteins (chicken, turkey, fish), veggies, and carbs are a good place to start.

Buy a scale and weigh out what you eat. Eyeballing, especially early in your weight loss, can leave you eating more than you think.
  • Latoya_Richardson
    Options
    karyabc wrote: »
    all U need is to meet your calorie goal for the day and divide that in any quantity of meals that you desire and if that includes eating something just before you go to bed then go for it #MakeItWork

Thank you
  • Latoya_Richardson
    Options
    xcalygrl wrote: »
    Calories don't know time. You can eat right up until bedtime if you want and still won't gain (if you are eating in a deficit). I have a snack within 30 mins of going to bed and it hasn't hindered me because I'm staying at my calorie goal.

Eat what foods you enjoy, just eat less of them. Lean proteins (chicken, turkey, fish), veggies, and carbs are a good place to start.

Buy a scale and weigh out what you eat. Eyeballing, especially early in your weight loss, can leave you eating more than you think.

Thank you