The ultimate support group!

Options
I'm wanting to start a great support group. I want dedicated, struggling, and serious people for motivation and tips for each of you!
We'll do monthly pic posts or measurement posts and hold each other accountable!
Who's with me?!

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Who is giving the tips?
  • hchappell0001
    Options
    Sharing tips which each other
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Ok well best of luck for success. Just use the site as it's intended and it'll work.
  • tansmom2
    tansmom2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join you. I'm new to this whole community thing and could really use some motivation.
  • Xpecta
    Xpecta Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'll join you. How is your loss going so far?
  • johng1973
    johng1973 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Just join this group. Share your tips AND track your weight loss with others :)

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/14442-30-days-closer-to-a-new-you

Shameless plug :)
  • sapl31
    sapl31 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am in
  • hchappell0001
    Options
    Last night I had Buffalo Wild Wings! It was my first cheat day and I am definitely feeling the low energy side of my bad decision this morning! Going to hit it hard today with some exercise and healthy foods!
    I'm down 2 lbs!
    How is your progress going?
  • Xpecta
    Options
    I'm feeling like it's picking up. I'm trying hard to get up and workout today, but I'm so exhausted. :S
  • sapl31
    sapl31 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Been able to add some exercise. Down five
  • Xpecta
    Options
    That's excellent!! :) I managed to get to the pool today. I'm hapay I did.
  • hchappell0001
    Options
    I start training for a half marathon next week! I'm so nervous.
    Working night shift and my 2 year old make it hard to stay in the gym and keep my calorie count in check! But I'm determined!
  • Xpecta
    Options
    Great stuff! You can do it! It might be tough, but like you said, you're determined. I can't wait to hear about it!
  • cusick55
    cusick55 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I'd like to have a group like this to share my highs and lows with. Looking forward to seeing our progress.
  • hchappell0001
    Options
    I have a really bad habit of stepping on the scale EVERYDAY! Im going to make it a point to only weigh myself once a week- Friday's!
    How often do you weigh?
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Last night I had Buffalo Wild Wings! It was my first cheat day and I am definitely feeling the low energy side of my bad decision this morning! Going to hit it hard today with some exercise and healthy foods!
    I'm down 2 lbs!
    How is your progress going?

Tip - having wings (as a reasonable portion) isn't a bad decision. It's all about long term adhesion to a mindful way of eating. Denial and austerity does work for some, for a while, but is it something you personally will be doing for the long haul?

Best of luck.
  • cusick55
    cusick55 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I too am guilty of wanting to step on the scale every morning as well, but I do know that with all the ways your weight can fluctuate from day to day it's an exercise in frustration! So I weigh myself once a week on Monday morning. Helps keep me in check on the weekends!
  • hchappell0001
    Options
    I'm looking for a wide variety of breakfast foods. What do you eat for breakfast?
  • jpnotler
    jpnotler Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, i am in. I hope everyone checks in daily/weekly if possible. Some start off great then fizzle.
    Well that said, hi i am a newbie here, in my 50s, with approx 100 pounds to lose. I did start a few weeks back, but just had a knee scope operation done a week ago. Wow, this really through my plan off, feeling better today, will attempt a very slow walk outside for 10 minutes. This is hard for me as i was a very active person (just ate too much).
    Breakfast: usually high fibre cereals/skim milk
    Please free free to add me as a Friend.
  • runmommyrun72
    runmommyrun72 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, do you guys have room in your Ultimate Support Group? I would like to join. As for breakfast, I have taken a liking to Jimmy Dean's Breakfast Sandwiches. They range anywhere from 170 to 270 calories and they are pretty filling. I personally like the one with turkey sausage, but I haven't tried them all.