One day at a time in JANUARY

Options
124»

Replies

• Juvenica
    Juvenica Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Day 8 has been going good. Got a full body massage done today. For the first time ever.
    For too long I've been wanting to restart the 30 Day shred. Need to find that extra motivation to just start it. :)

U don't need to be so drastic. One day at a time, small changes go à long day 2 big différence . Like previously stated, 30 min workout à day will do wanders.
  • tonetta51
    tonetta51 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Been doing good this week. I've exercised every day and cut my calories way back, but need to cut a bit more. If I can stay at 1200 calories a day and continue my exercising I know I can lose my goal. It really helps to read everyone's posts to know I'm not alone in this.
  • Juvenica
    Options
    My day 8 was almost going well, if it wasn't for that dark chocolate crave... and indulge I did, quite a bit more than I should ever have. who cares, I have worked out today , cleaned a lot around the house , had a run and hand washed clothes ;) that ought to do it : it's not the end of the world and tomorrow I'll make sure I work out more .
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,407 Member
    Options
    Juvenica wrote: »
    My day 8 was almost going well, if it wasn't for that dark chocolate crave... and indulge I did, quite a bit more than I should ever have. who cares, I have worked out today , cleaned a lot around the house , had a run and hand washed clothes ;) that ought to do it : it's not the end of the world and tomorrow I'll make sure I work out more .

Juvenica...my day was exactly like yours! I was craving the See's in the next department that I had to walk past at least a dozen times today when I remembered a Christmas mug full of kisses in my bottom desk drawer. :s Then I decided Day 8 was my Cheat Day and I will workout hard and walk tomorrow.

I hope your tomorrow goes as you plan!

Chris
  • JennRutts
    JennRutts Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just weighed myself for the first time today after last Saturday, and I'm a little confused... I have two sets of scales in my house, a digital and an old fashioned dial one, and they both read different weights.

Which should I take as more accurate? The digital scales first said I hadn't lost anything, then I hopped on the dial scales and it said I'd lost a particular weight, got back on the digital scales again and it told me that I'd lost a different weight... Then back on the dial scales which gave the same reading... Which do I accept as true?

Hope someone can help!!
  • Juvenica
    Options
    Jenn I have tried both scales , had an old dial one for about 10 years , I can say they're as reliable as scales get in my book. a couple of years ago when I didn't want to believe how much weight I'd gained I bought a digital one , which had obviously the same result. So,..
    *. watch the surface on which you placed the scales , if surface is not even , result will not be true
    *. trust the scale you've used more consistently recently
    *. if the weight is not of a big difference I'd consider the heaviest ( prepare for the worst , to make sure you celebrate when you find out it's not as bad as you'd imagined. )
    *. make sure you weight urself at the same time of day ( when you wake up , and keep in mind that weight alters during the day and during the week
  • Juvenica
    Options

Juvenica...my day was exactly like yours! I was craving the See's in the next department that I had to walk past at least a dozen times today when I remembered a Christmas mug full of kisses in my bottom desk drawer. :s Then I decided Day 8 was my Cheat Day and I will workout hard and walk tomorrow.

Chris[/quote]

well, I don't follow plans correctly and I don't have a cheat day , I usually cheat every day by a bit, to try to keep my sweet teeth under control. my day 9 was so so , not all that great . like every morning I weighted myself, I hadn't gained anything, hadn't lost either. what's your weight loss goal for this month?
  • LindaWarden
    Options
    I am becoming so much more aware of what I am eating with MFP. I actually makes me WANT to track my food daily. One day at a time is a great way to keep up my moral. I can focus for 1 day. I love that the little bit of exercise that I do actually adds to my daily caloric intake, however, I am trying NOT to eat the extra calories I earn daily, hoping that I will see faster results on my body. Anywho, if I can do this, I know others can too. Let's be winners together...
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,407 Member
    Options
    Juvenica wrote: »

Chris

well, I don't follow plans correctly and I don't have a cheat day , I usually cheat every day by a bit, to try to keep my sweet teeth under control. my day 9 was so so , not all that great . like every morning I weighted myself, I hadn't gained anything, hadn't lost either. what's your weight loss goal for this month?[/quote]

Today was much better than yesterday. And I got my exercises and my steps done...which I didn't do yesterday...slug here!! I'd like to see 135 or 136 by the end of the month. What is your goal?

Chris

• Juvenica
    Options
    well done Chris ,
    on the other hand I'm hoping for 137 by the end of the month , though I'm having doubts if I can get there by the end of the month :( . Today was ok , within cal goal, did my workout still I feel like its a long shot
  • jencourage76
    jencourage76 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just finished writing a blog about this very subject! So many stressors on a daily basis have taken me away from eating right, logging my food, and exercising.

I could defiantly use the online support from this group!
  • Juvenica
    Options
    This is day twelve and I am a bit angry at myself for not realizing i'd gained about 2 pounds. I love cooking and I have had lots of candy around the house, so I can't keep lying to myself and say I haven't cheated a bit. maybe more than I should. So, as of today no more cooking sweets for the rest of January. gotta keep me in check. Jen , welcome: u'll find support in this group an all mfp. you can do it, but make sure its a change for life.
  • xnikki70x
    xnikki70x Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in .....motivation has went awol .....soon to be returned .....hello everyone <waves>
  • Juvenica
    Options
    so, I lost one of those 2 pounds, and I am doing insanity, which is literally "Insane", so let's hope for the best
  • sapl31
    sapl31 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Always looking for more support.