Feeling grumpy - just having a moan!

Struggling to get back to my maintenance - just a couple of pounds, tired and grumpy! Went to gym last night for freestyle class which I do often. Last night I just wasn't on it. Gym is really busy cos it's Jan so it's a bit crammed in. We were nearer to the main doors than usual which is a problem for me as you keep getting the blasts of cold air (about 3 degrees last night), and I was already cold when I started. I feel the cold really badly, Reynaulds and very prone to hyperthermia! So I moved my station away to the back, not much room but could manage, and explained why to instructor - he was a bit bemused. I was just one piece of equipment that there are several of, but a couple of minutes later a couple of beefed up guys decided they had to be there then and I was really crammed in. Carried on for few more minutes but anxiety levels rising rapidly, and I needed to get out for a minute. Didn't need instructor to laugh at me when I returned, or the big guys to be taking up more of the space, so gave up on the class. Found an empty bike and did that instead.
My issues I know - I struggle with anxiety at times and it was bad yesterday, and I'm a bit run down I think. New day.

Replies

• MaggieLoo79
    MaggieLoo79 Posts: 288 Member
    I'm sorry!
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Thank you! As I said, just grumpy today.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    well giddy up,,, get some strength and get through this! toughen up! GO! GO! GO!
  • curlyslim
    curlyslim Posts: 64 Member
    It's fine! we all have rubbish days, and those guys can be intimidating, but you can ignore people like that!!

Head back up, and get right back into it! :)
  • samthepanda
    curlyslim wrote: »
    It's fine! we all have rubbish days, and those guys can be intimidating, but you can ignore people like that!!

Head back up, and get right back into it! :)

Normally I can ignore them, but when I'm not so good emotionally I find it hard as confidence goes. Plus the being ridiculously cold things makes me very self conscious too - you get strange looks in a class when you are wearing 3 layers, fleece and gloves!

Thanks for the support guys.
  • samthepanda
    Have pt session booked for tomorrow. Been fighting urge to cancel. Should be quieter tomorrow as during day but as last couple of gym visits haven't been great i am getting anxious. Just posting this as accountability so I don't cancel it!
  • samthepanda
    edited January 2015
    Went to gym. Very anxious going in, didn't want to talk to anyone, but first thing I did was spill my drink everywhere and they've just replaced all the paper towels with anti bac wipes which are no use for absorbing water so had to go and speak to them! Did PT session ok. Quite proud of myself that I also went and spoke to the guy who did the class the other day, which I had been getting quite worried about - I know that sounds daft but that's what I do! At least now he understands my problem with cold, and that I have anxiety issues. Add to that I take my glasses off to exercise so can't see much, and hearing not best either so not the easiest member!
    - May sound silly to many, but going back today, finishing my session, and talking to him- that's an NSV for me as in the past I would have cancelled and maybe not gone back for some time.