Fitbit thoughts

Options
2»

Replies

• jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT! I have the Flex and it's the only one I've had. I love that it takes into account the extra activity that I do and I don't eat back all of those calories that it adjusts. However, when I have my MFP set on "sedentary" but I am highly active on the weekends or some evenings (desk job during the day), it is nice to know that I'm being "recognized" for my acitivity level. Not to mention that it is very motivating watching the numbers throughout the day. Very comfortable and so far only minor skin irritation from wearing it all the time (Irish / German blooded with pale, highly sensitive skin) but that seems to be from the small clasp, not the band.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I had the Flex for 20 months and found it to be very accurate, and it did really well at helping me determine my real TDEE. It helped keep me in balance as I checked everything on MFP vs Fitbit, and made them match up. When I was tracking, I consistently lost without stalls.

I just got the Charge HR Monday, and I love it so much. My Flex was down to the point where it would only hold a charge for about 40 hours with my activity level, so having something I don't have to worry about the battery life is awesome. I ran it through its paces yesterday, and I found the HRM to be really accurate while walking and running and lifting. The steps were tracked perfectly, as were the stairs.

But the main reason I invested in the Flex/Charge HR was for the sleep tracking. I have severe insomnia and struggle with it every day. The fact that I don't have to remember to set the Charge HR is REALLY neat. And I can now monitor my heart rate during restless periods to see what's going on. I think it may also be more accurate than the Flex was because of that. I still sleep like crap, but I have something to show my doctors when things get really bad and it's time to change things.

The other main reason that I went with this above all else - it works with Windows devices and PCs. Everything else out there (except the Microsoft Band, and I don't want all that extraneous distraction when I'm working out) works only with Android/Apple. Fitbit syncs with Windows phones and PCs, so if you only have a flip phone, this will work for you and still provide smart technology to help out a little. :)
  • Smoozy1
    Smoozy1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love my FitBit Flex. I wear it all the time. I don't really use the sleep tracking anymore....fun at first but not really something I want/need to know. And I've read all the reports that it isn't 100% reliable in tracking steps. But here is how it's good for me...I am motivated to beat yesterday's steps. I am motivated to beat my friends steps. I love how we can see how we're doing when ranked with our friends who also have fitbits. There are even mini "challenges" that you can do with your friends. So bottom line is I have definitely gotten up from my desk, recliner, etc. and moved more since I started wearing it. Score!
  • WelshPhil1975
    WelshPhil1975 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Speaking as someone who doesn’t like wearing things 24/7 either – I don’t wear a watch – I got a Fitbit One in May last year and was dubious about wearing it all the time, but within a day or 2 I was fully sold on it and I have only taken it off since to shower, swim, etc.

I am hopefully upgrading to the Charge HR in a few weeks, which will be my first watch for about 23 years.
  • sugah11
    sugah11 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have been using the Fitbit One for about 7 months and I love it. Accurate and small fits nicely on your bra. You won't be sorry!
  • randrews0407
    randrews0407 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I have the Zip and a Polar FT4 HRM ... I waited for the Charge HR to be released with hopes of it eliminating me using two monitors. But from what I am hearing, the Charge HR only takes snapshots of your heart-rate and isn't very accurate for tracking workouts. Also, I wear gloves for kickboxing so a wrist-based tracker may not be the way to go.
  • fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Options
    I got the Fitbit Force last January and have used it non-stop all year. (The Force is the one they voluntarily recalled because some people had skin irritation from it. I've had none.) I love it to pieces and wear it all the time (except showering or swimming). It has really helped me make my day more active in little ways, not just the bigger ways of planned exercise. If I miss my express bus after work, instead of being bitter, I think about the extra steps I'll get walking the 15 minutes home. I walk while brushing my teeth and waiting for my tea to steep. I walk while reading (on my phone). It makes me really happy, and I would recommend them to anyone who is interested. :)
  • annp28
    annp28 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if the fitbit one is as accurate when attached to bra as it would be attached to pants?
  • djscavone
    djscavone Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    annp28 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the fitbit one is as accurate when attached to bra as it would be attached to pants?
    I put mine in my pocket and walk with my wife who clips it to her bra. It appears mine is as accurate as hers. I am not sure if she tested it herself in both bra and pocket.

I only use my fitbit one for a motivation tool as I compete with work friends. I don't really care so much about accurate calories burned as I am not a scientist counting every little ingredient. I am not that accurate on calories entered into MFP so I wouldn't say what I burned means I can eat more. I can bee off 1000 in my entry! If I am in the ball park I am happy and if I see consistency in my activity and calories input (use MFP) then I get good results.
  • LO1421
    LO1421 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Has anyone used the Jawbone?