Low-carb breads and pasta?

Options
does anyone know any low-carb breads or pasta (or substitute) that are tasty!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Oh my.
    Bread and pasta = starch = carb.
    Lots of food that is naturally low carb is tasty.
    There is nothing wrong with carbs.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    No.
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    I made a baked pasta dish with steamed spaghetti squash that was just amazing. Even my kid devoured it!
  • lfetter61
    lfetter61 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Go to Netrition.com - they have lots of good and yummy items.
  • Putcake
    Putcake Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Dreamfields is a low-carb pasta. I'm not doing low-carb, but we use it because it doesn't hit my stomach like a rock the way that traditional pasta does. My husband is really picky and can't tell the difference.
  • ourtruelovewillneverdie
    Options
    Putcake wrote: »
    Dreamfields is a low-carb pasta. I'm not doing low-carb, but we use it because it doesn't hit my stomach like a rock the way that traditional pasta does. My husband is really picky and can't tell the difference.
    This isn't true. There was a lawsuit over this. Dream fields can no longer claim to be a low carb pasta. It is really good though.
  • Rlyn444
    Rlyn444 Posts: 27
    Options
    Buy whole grain pasta. Some brands taste better than others but taste is not much different
  • msbengbeng
    msbengbeng Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I like Great Low Carb Bread Company. I get it local, but would not condone the Amazon price. I like chewy stuff, this is not a substitute for me, just a bread I like.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with regular pasta? I just had some, it was yummy!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Shirataki Noodles. Hey, sometimes you want to eat the bulk without the calories. I get it.

Diet bread has no substance IMO. But I do like the skinny buns and bagels. Half the calories, score.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Black bean noodles from Costco.
  • tanyabecka
    tanyabecka Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Black bean pasta, edamame pasta.. "Low carb" just means more chemicals. You're better off with a spaghetti squash or no pasta at all. Also anything whole grain isn't great for you either. I've cut out all grains and have lost 31 pounds in 2 months. There are other options for side dishes :)
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,979 Member
    Options
    They are an abomination and should be exorcised out of existence. :D