Losing 25 lbs by May.. Is it possible??!

Options
hi all ... I'm in need of some friends on here so I can feel like I'm part of the community and feel that people are watching me and holding me accountable for my weight loss.

I'd like to lose 25 lbs by May for my wedding. I've lost 11 since I got back on track with MFP (early December) and need to keep my motivation at an all time high!!

Please add me as a friend if you connect with any of this or could use a motivation buddy.

Replies

• jazzxdaisy
    jazzxdaisy Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i'm looking to lose 28 pounds by the beginning of june so on a similar journey to you! will add you :) xo
  • Bhawna05
    Bhawna05 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me too :/ em new.here nd i dont how to.send request :/
  • Lisatxsmed
    Lisatxsmed Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes you can. I lost 42 lbs in 3 months. You have to stay motivated, Focus, And a good support team. I'm back on my journey to lose 20 pounds. Add me we can motivate each other.
  • tooqtcute
    Options
    DITTO! Trying to lose 30 by June... no easy task for sure but together I am sure will make it a reality! First time to MFP so I could also use some friends to help with tips and support!
  • Avidcutz
    Avidcutz Posts: 29 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hey it's totally do-able. Personally I'm looking to lose 50lb (or more) by june, which means in order to do that- I NEED to lose 25 before May. If 50lb loss is do able (which it is) by June- I guarantee you can lose 25lb by May!
  • enrico7777
    Options
    Sounds pretty reasonable to me, took me a year but I was in no hurry.
  • smrtcar
    smrtcar Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    One thing is guaranteed... You can start today and continue to make daily progress. However, you can't meet your target if you don't start. Good luck and stay strong.
  • jenfigmar
    Options
    I need to lose more than that in more time but you can still add me for support and motivation :)
  • paradi3s
    paradi3s Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    you most definitely can! :-) and feel free to add me!
  • Trukngrl
    Trukngrl Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I am down and on here several times a day. Go for the add all of you!!

Promise yourself one thing: start lifting weights and get a food scale. With these two things and accurate tracking it is wayyyyy possible. Make sure you remember this level of commitment in the next two, 3, four weeks, month, two months!!

We got This
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options

I'd like to lose 25 lbs by May for my wedding. I've lost 11 since I got back on track with MFP (early December) and need to keep my motivation at an all time high

In your case I do not think this is doable... You are close to goal now. You really only have maybe 25 lbs to lose. A correct goal for you would be .5lbs per week. I think that about the best you are going to do is 12 to 13 lbs loss. You are trying to lose the fat you have had the longest... It does not come off easy.
  • laurajo521
    laurajo521 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have a quarter marathon May 2, and I'd like to lose 25 pounds by then. If anyone wants to add me, that'd be great. I will say though, weight doesn't always do what we want it to. I have been really working my tail off and haven't lost an ounce over the last week. However, I feel and look better, so that needs to be just as important as the number on the scale. No one will ask you to weigh in before the ceremony, but they will remember how beautiful you looked and how you felt about yourself!
  • Vossii
    Vossii Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose a total of 45 lbs and would definitely like to lose 25 by May. Add me and we can keep each other motivated! Good luck :)
  • stacyann1001
    stacyann1001 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'd like to lose 20 pounds by mid May - Congrats on the wedding by the way!!! :smiley: I got married in September and since then I have gained 20 pounds :neutral_face: the combination of an amazing honeymoon, a few weekends away with the hubby for other friends weddings, thanksgiving and the holiday season, the pounds just seemed to show up!! I need some motivation and support to get back where I was, I miss my skinny jeans!! Feel free to add :smile:
  • MplsJones
    Options
    @agh846‌ Do you have any top tips? I'm trying to lose 15 lbs by April-- have been trying to lose since June and have only seen 5 lbs go.. Would love to get some friends and tips on here :) thanks!
  • agh846
    agh846 Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm limiting to very low calorie intake and hitting the gym for cardio 6-7 times a week and doing Jillian Michaels 1-4 times a week. Lots of time and energy but hopefully it'll be worth it!
  • lorie2424
    lorie2424 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    With you all 25 pounds by may or june.. I gained 20 pounds in less that an yr.. Just need to get back on track and I know I can do it
  • Maries_wine_calories
    Options
    Well there is 13 weeks until May so it's definitely do-able!! Be careful to not starve your metabolism...being under 1200 net calories (after 33-50% exercise calories have been eaten) will have you stalling your own efforts- your body will protect itself and you'll lose muscle mass. 5 small meals a day if you have to but overall try to stick to your macros and get enough carbs/fats/protein because I'm sure pretty shoulders and arms are something you'll want for wedding pictures :)
  • ColleenZ101
    Options
    I hope so! I have been using the food tracker, but realize the accountability is what keeps me 'honest'. Congratulation on your wedding.
  • oncem0re
    oncem0re Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    You got about 15 weeks, so you need to aim for atleast 2lbs a week to lose to make it there. The more you have to lose or the far away you are from "Healthy BMI" the quicker the lbs come off, but the closer you are to Healthy BMI it will be a bit of a challenge. So for instance if I was 150lbs (i wish) and I want to be 130 it will take me longer to lose the last 20lbs compare to when I was 190lbs down to 170... because honestly, I went from 194 to 184 (10lbs lost) in 3 weeks, and I dont think I will get the same result the closer I get to my goal weight. Good luck! Regardless, you are beautiful and enjoy your wedding!