Meatless main dishes?

Options
fotofreak01
fotofreak01 Posts: 397 Member
Hello all! I'm looking for some meatless main meals. I honestly get tired of eating meat and am getting ready to start my meal planning for the week. I'd like to have 3 or 4 days with meatless dinners. If you could share your favorite meatless dishes that would be awesome. TIA!

Replies

• lozzz817
    Options
    Feel free to add me, my diary is open and as a vegetarian it may give you some ideas :) Today I had cauliflower fried rice for dinner, yummy and under 300 calories :)
  • tammyc226
    tammyc226 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    zucchini and corn fritters are my favourite non-meat dish
    Mix all the below in a bowl and then cook how you would cook a small pancake. Makes about 12.
    400g grated zucchini with skin on
    2 eggs
    420g creamed corn
    1 cup self raising flour
    1/3 cup milk
    salt, pepper to taste and I add chilli flakes too.

Also great served cold and for lunches the next day
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I made mjadra tonight (many different spellings). Basically, 1 cup dry lentils and 1 cup dry bulgur or rice (I prefer bulgur) cooked in boiling water till tender, salt and cumin to taste, topped with a large quantity of browned/blackened onions and a dollop of yogurt. A favorite.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Mushroom enchiladas and Portabello fajitas. One very quick and easy. One more time consuming. For the faijtas (the time consuming one) maybe you can buy the fajita seasoning and chimicurri instead of making it.

soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2014/12/mushroom-enchiladas.html

Mushroom%2BEnchiladas2.jpg

soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2012/10/portobello-fajitas.html

Portabella+Fajitas.JPG
  • Boganella
    Boganella Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    https://sweetpotatoandspice.wordpress.com/2013/03/16/pumpkin-black-bean-burgers/

These are the best homemade meatless burgers I have ever had. Serve them up with some baked sweet potato fries.
  • egirlcat207
    egirlcat207 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    black bean veggies burgers-homemade. Very simple and yum! Spinach enchiladas-veggie pizza ( the pizza prolly not entirely healthy lol)-steamed Chinese veggies-mainly bok choy-so very good. I am a meat eater occasionally-I do enjoy my meatless meals tho-feel free to message me anytime. Always on the lookout for new meatless meals.
  • odladana
    Options
    I just tried Tofurkey crumbles with chorizo flavoring. Made tacos with it. Honestly, couldn't tell the difference in texture.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I had a meatless dinner last night. :)

Mixed green salad followed by beans and rice (mix 1/2 black rice and 1/2 Lundberg Farms wild blend, 1 can pinto and 1 can red kidney beans (drained), chopped carrot, onion, garlic, radish and jalapeno, venison stock (water or any stock will do, this is just what I had). Seasoned with low sodium cajun seasoning and Frank's red hot sauce.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    I made mjadra tonight (many different spellings). Basically, 1 cup dry lentils and 1 cup dry bulgur or rice (I prefer bulgur) cooked in boiling water till tender, salt and cumin to taste, topped with a large quantity of browned/blackened onions and a dollop of yogurt. A favorite.

Oh, that sounds delicious!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    lozzz817 wrote: »
    Feel free to add me, my diary is open and as a vegetarian it may give you some ideas :) Today I had cauliflower fried rice for dinner, yummy and under 300 calories :)

Your diary is not public.
  • ashleyadeline
    ashleyadeline Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Tacos!!! Instead of ground beef, cook lentils with the taco seasoning then add all the regular toppings. So good and filling!!!
  • myveganp
    myveganp Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey girl! Add me as a friend on here and let's chat. I can give you a list of my fave blogs with meatless meals (and apps, sides, etc!). <3
  • BonnieSeelinger
    BonnieSeelinger Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I love marinading portabellas in balsamic dressing and then slicing for stir fry or fajitas with lots of veggies. Very filling and delicious.
  • loosyloo75
    loosyloo75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Quorn and chickpea curry. Lots of onion, your fave spices, quorn pieces, tinned chickpeas and passata. I also chuck in some red lentils and sometimes kidney beans if I want to bulk it out a bit. I'm not a massive fan of quorn pieces usually but they work really well in a curry. It's only about 300-350 cals a portion!
    Also, if you want to save on carbs and cals, a fab alternative to rice is grated cauliflower microwaved for a couple of minutes. Sounds weird but it honestly works!
  • andielyn
    andielyn Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    This Moroccan chickpea stew. I bump up the spices by adding 2 jalapenos, seeds and all, as well as the other spices (I don't measure, just spice to taste/smell. :wink: ) Plus, you can log it on MFP right from the recipe. Bonus!
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    All my dishes are meatless, and my diary is open. Feel free to browse.
  • tlharin
    tlharin Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm a pescetarian*/vegetarian, so maybe some of what we make could help. From my food log, our last weekish of at-home dinners we've had are:

Butternut mac n cheese w/ spinach salads
    Panfried polenta cakes w/ chunky veggie ragout + vegan Italian "sausage"
    Orange "beef"* and broccoli w/ brown rice *Gardein beefless tips
    Sweet potato-black bean enchilada casserole
    Spinach & cheese tortellini w/ cannelini beans & pesto
    Blackened Tofu tacos w/ guacamole & pickled red onions
    *Soy-garlic grilled salmon w/ spaghetti squash
  • Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Ive kept a pescetarian blog for the past few years. Mainly so I can cook away from home without bringing recipes with me:

http://pescetariancooking.blogspot.com/
  • Merrilies
    Merrilies Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Gosh, there's so many things you can do...lemon and courgette risotto, mushroom stroganoff, aubergine and chickpea curry, mixed pepper omelette...
  • Merrilies
    Merrilies Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    loosyloo75 wrote: »
    Also, if you want to save on carbs and cals, a fab alternative to rice is grated cauliflower microwaved for a couple of minutes. Sounds weird but it honestly works!

I have cauliflower rice too, fab, isn't it