Anyone else just getting started and have about 50-60 lbs to lose?

Options

Replies

• marcjacobson
    marcjacobson Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get down from 255 to 185-190 this year. been doing this thing half assed for a year, now need to get into it. just spent 36 minutes on the elliptical this morning, feeling righteous. my challenge is recording what i eat after i come home from work, and after dinner. I know, I'm just cheating myself, but I still don't record the intake. I will accept all friend requests, because i need to get this done. at 62 years old, its time.
  • HeatherNaomiT
    HeatherNaomiT Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!! After having 4 children..and a husband that brings home every unhealthy meal in sight, I have gained over 60 lbs in the course of 6 years. I am currently around 190lbs and would be comfortable at 130lbs for my 5'2" frame. I am really looking forward to banding together with like-minded women for moral support. Good Luck everyone!!
  • ejmharris
    Options
    I peaked at 249. To be honest I was very surprised at that number, even though I should not have been. Looking to get to 205. Good luck on your journeys.
  • BeastField
    BeastField Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    ME! I am currently at 174. My ULTIMATE goal is 135. My first goal is 170. Then, maybe 160... one day at a time! Anyone here can add me if they would like!
  • wootang86
    Options
    Me!! I am at about 225 now, actually gained weight the last 5 months doing crossfit so I have decided to change my approach and I am back at a "regular gym" with a trainer. I want to ultimately get to 150 but for now I'm looking forward to 175. Trainer actually doesn't want me counting calories just eating whole, healthy foods but I need to log into MyFitnessPal to keep me sane and know I am not eating WAY too much! LOL

Anyone can friend me please!! :-)
  • acec00p
    acec00p Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm at 276.4 and want to get to 225 or in the 230's... I'm 55 and going to have a physical in a week so.... not looking forward to it... Herb
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    I am renewing my focus, been on MFP for a year... So I am not quite a newbie, I know what I need to do... turned 50 In October, and in late Sept of last year was diagnosed with type II diabetes...my internist zeroed in on my med regime in late December SO NOW I am ready to do something about altering my body composition. for me weight as a key metric is not as important as reducing body fat and increasing muscle, flexibility and endurance. Starting today I am going to begin logging my food intake, my cardio output, and my resistance training. WE got this people... and I am always looking for positive supportive friends. SO feel free to add me I rarely turn down a friend request BUT I do expect active and consistent attendance :) drop out for 2 months and I just might drop you from my FL
  • RavenLibra
    Options
    OH.. currently around 230... hoping to see 180 or so at a rate of about 2 lbs/month...
  • RavenLibra
    Options
    MAYBE 1 lb/week
  • RavenLibra
    Options
    K.. I am done for now :)
  • deuwins
    Options
    Hello... my name is Diondra and I am in college trying to get back into shape which is proving to be difficult. I want to loose about 50-65 pounds as well.... hope you all will be able to help this college girl keep it going in the right direction!
  • rin080382
    rin080382 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi, I was up to 219 :/. In November I started watching what I eat and portions. I got down to 206. Beginning of January here I started T25 and actually using MFP. My goal is about 155, I'll see when I get there!
  • jeff0406
    Options
    I just got started on the first and I'm looking for a few more fitness pals with similar weight loss goals.
    My start weight is 209 & goal weight is 149 lbs.

Thanks!!!

I'm aiming for the same goal. Add me if you'd like
  • msdanderson2015
    Options
    I just got started on the first and I'm looking for a few more fitness pals with similar weight loss goals.
    My start weight is 209 & goal weight is 149 lbs.

Thanks!!!

Hey! I'm trying to lose 75 :) from 200 to 125lbs.
    LETS DO THIS!!!!!
  • abivens39
    Options
    Thanks soooo much ladies, I sent all of you invites. Let's do this!!!

• abivens39
    Options
    I just started MFP. I started Jan 5 n I'm still learning how it works. I started in at my highest weight ever...250 n I now weigh 246. I didn't know u could get support so I guess I'm just asking now...how does the friend thing work n well does anyone want to be mine?
  • mnayyar
    mnayyar Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 204.4. Highest I have ever been. Have always been chubby and just steadily gained weight over the years. I have lost some weight (20 lbs or so) twice in my life - once with intermittent partial fasting for religious reasons and once using herbalife as a meal replacement system, but of course gained it all back and then some. Looking forward to changing my attitude about food and my mindset about a healthy lifestyle. Started logging a few days ago and browsing the community boards which prompted me to order a food scale and to make an appointment for a physical. I suppose my goal weight should be 120 but I will see what the doctor says.
  • Lose25now
    Lose25now Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    hi, I would love to join as well please. I am 5'9 and 257.3 pounds for this 53 year old woman. I started Monday and will log every day with exercise starting this Saturday I hope. My dad is in the hospital and moving him to a nursing home this week when he gets out. I have never been this big, though I was close 7 years ago. Then I did ww and lost and kept it off for 5 years. Now it is time for me to take care of my health. I would love some help and support and will give it as well.
  • sarahlouanne84
    Options
    I don't think my last post posted. I am losing 60 lbs for now. I joined 5 days ago & already list one pound! I am currently 229 I am aiming for 170. Just to see the 100 mark would be a blessing! I am synced with Pacer & I am very motivated person with a quitters tendancies. I am really trying this time & holding myself accountable each step of the way. Feel free to send me requests. I will add you! We need all the support we can get. Good luck to everybody!
  • aaliceinw
    aaliceinw Posts: 747 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm 196 and and have 50 to lose :D Started on MFP a month ago. I also need all the help i can get . Please feel free to add me.