Not meeting calorie intake

Options
I just started on my weight loss journey and I've been doing well. I'm eating healthy finally. The problem I'm having though is eating the calories back I get from exercising. I really don't eat a lot in general and never have but the pounds came on from what I ate and beer. Lol. Now that I'm eating good I just about make the 1200 without exercising. Any ideas on increasing my appetite or calorie intake without eating "bad" foods?

Replies

• Phoebeg1723
    Phoebeg1723 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Little changes can easily increase your calorie intake eg a tablespoon of olive oil is over a hundred calories,
  • mdlori12
    Options
    Why increase your appetite? If your body would need more food you will be hungry. You can try with more protein or eating snacks of nuts, dates, healthy fats in general but again, your body doesn't seem to need it. All people here try to lower their appetite lol. Lucky you are
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Check the accuracy of your logging first. Are you measuring liquids with cups and weighing all your solids? Would you consider opening your diary for suggestions?

Yes, open your diary. Also, many people make mistakes in logging. I had the same problem when I started. I started increasing my intake and stopped losing. Just trust your body.
  • Sublime21912
    Options
    Thank you for the advice! I know I'm lacking in the eating breakfast department but I'm rarely hungry and very busy. So that leaves the rest of the day to eat more just to make the 1200 which I don't always do. I measure what I can (liquids, cereals, veggies, etc) but I don't have a food scale. I just guess so I'm sure I'm off with some things. And other things I look for in the search. How do you open the diary? I'm on the app on my phone. Just getting used to it.
  • vikkiitoria
    vikkiitoria Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    If you don't eat breakfast why don't you try preparing a smoothie in the morning with maybe some protein powder or some sort. I used to have the same problem so i'd have some meal replacement shakes in the morning. Try eating avocados, nuts, healthy butters etc.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    This is a generic list and doesn't account for your personal definition of healthy, but anything here can be included in a balanced diet (as long as there are no allergies, medical conditions, obviously):
    avocado
    cheese
    full fat diary
    Greek yogurt
    ice cream
    peanut butter (or other nut butters)
    dark chocolate
    less lean cuts of meat (including beef, pork, sausage, etc.)
    seeds (chia, flax, sunflower, etc.)
    nuts
    olive oil
    coconut oil
    butter
    beans and lentils
    protein shakes, bars, and smoothies
    hummus
    beef jerky
    cornbread
    tuna
    full calorie condiments
    full calorie sauces & dressings
    sour cream
    guacamole
    whole grain pasta
    rice
    bacon
    whole eggs
    quinoa
    fruit and fruit juices
    pretzels
    bananas
    scones
    muffins (bran, blueberry, banana nut, etc.)
    potatoes (sweet, red, gold, purple, white, etc.)
    granola
    coconut
    salmon
    edamame
    honey
    molasses
  • shmulyeng
    shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advice! I know I'm lacking in the eating breakfast department but I'm rarely hungry and very busy. So that leaves the rest of the day to eat more just to make the 1200 which I don't always do. I measure what I can (liquids, cereals, veggies, etc) but I don't have a food scale. I just guess so I'm sure I'm off with some things. And other things I look for in the search. How do you open the diary? I'm on the app on my phone. Just getting used to it.

A food scale is pretty much required. Solids should always be weighed and not measured. Compare it and you'll see why. You can get a good scale on amazon for about $15.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    I always have to wonder how a person needs to lose weight if they can't even manage to eat 1200 calories in a day.
  • GingerbreadCandy
    GingerbreadCandy Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I always have to wonder how a person needs to lose weight if they can't even manage to eat 1200 calories in a day.

Beer and French Fries. ^^
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Since you are not weighing your food, you have no idea how many calories you're eating.