why chocolate

Options
What do you do? I can behave and control the items that float into my mouth and between my teeth but by bedtime I crave something really sweet. And it is not like I can eat a fruit or drink sweet tasting vitamin water zero. I get ugly, irritated and pissy with myself. Last night I planned to eat a 3 musketeers bar, and I did, and it WAS SO AWSOME, LIKE AN ORGASM BUT BETTER, to me anyway. Does anybody feel like this....and what do you do?:smile:

Replies

• med79
    med79 Posts: 288
    Options
    lol...I felt the same way last night. I wanted to eat an entire box of cookies but I made myself a bag of popcorn and mixed in 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and mini marshmallows. It was sooo yummy and it took my sweet tooth away without going over my calories for the day :-)
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    nack size M&Ms are only 70 calories and they hit the spot for me.
  • jkleman79
    jkleman79 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Ok here is for all you chocolate lovers.... as long as you eat chocolate that has a content of cocoa of 70% or higher in it.. then its healthy for you as a snack. Basically dark chocolate.
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I usually just eat chocolate. I will exercise more or whatever I need to keep it within my calorie goal........
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    mmm popcorn and chocolate chips and marshmallows.... I might have to try this!

as for the OP... YES I DO! and I have to make something immediately orrr. I spend the next week eating over my calories to try to compensate for the craving,... a few extra bites of noodles, or a little more sauce, or just two or three chips.. etc

If I just make the dessert (HOT GOOEY evil sickening brownies are my down fall) and be done with it I find that I stick to eating healthier for longer amoutns of time.

i have felt a craving coming on for a few days now and so I think saturday will be my cheat day. I can hold off until then If I know I can have it if I wait!
  • jacquejl
    jacquejl Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    lol...I felt the same way last night. I wanted to eat an entire box of cookies but I made myself a bag of popcorn and mixed in 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and mini marshmallows. It was sooo yummy and it took my sweet tooth away without going over my calories for the day :-)

omigosh, that sounds so amazing!!
  • ksdamac99
    ksdamac99 Posts: 5
    Options
    Chocolate triggers the release of seratonin (Dark mostly, but milk chocolate to a lesser extent). The same chemical released after orgasm interestingly enough.
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Ok here is for all you chocolate lovers.... as long as you eat chocolate that has a content of cocoa of 70% or higher in it.. then its healthy for you as a snack. Basically dark chocolate.

70% is darker than your average dark chocolate...and somewhat bitter. (but, I love it!)
  • Dkittery
    Dkittery Posts: 82
    Options
    Chocolate Almonds usually does the trick for me

5551649.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I bought a small bag of Andes Mint Chocolates 2 of them are about 53 calories usually does the trick for me.
  • snusp
    snusp Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I fight chocolate addiction, too. 1,5 week down, 18,5 weeks to go for my 20 week challenge! Never had so many weeks without chocolate before. Feel free to add me as a friend and good luck fighting the habit.
  • ErinGiam
    ErinGiam Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I found YoCrunch Reese's pieces yogurt. They also have M&M's! When it comes to candy, portion control is my weakness so with those I don't have to worry about eating too much! They are yummy :smile:
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    eat it! in moderation of course. Can't let yourself go crazy. I HAVE to have a treat everyday. I have some super dark 70% chocolate- usually a square is so rich it does the job. If not that I love the russell stover sugar free toffee squares and mint patties- those are full of fat though. Whatever I eat though I just leave room for it in my calories ;o) so plan it in and don't go overboard! Also if it's pllanned ou'll have something to look forward to at least...
  • momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    sooo funny!!!!

3 mini frozen 3 musketeers!!!

I love my dark milky ways... but frozen...

Yummy... that popcorn sounds delish!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SSampley
    SSampley Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I just had one of those new skinny cow heavenly crisp candy bars, they are only 110 calories and are pretty yummy! totally hit the spot but I can go for a few weeks without craving chocolate but when I do I love the dove mini pieces of dark chocolate. It's all in moderation just find a good way to do it.
  • supersecretsquirrel1877
    Options
    Dark chocolate chips for me...tricks my brain to thinking I am getting more of a treat when I place my hand to my mouth so many times eating them. Just one square of chocolate doesn't trick my mind.
  • TheLaser
    TheLaser Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that chocolate triggers the same response in women as orgasms. I remember once getting a huge chocolate high after drinking Ovaltine and being actually scared that I was addicted to chocolate. When I went on here I decided to cut it out to see what would happen (which ultimately led to me cutting out all refined sugars, since that was the only one I really craved anyway). For the first month or so I got the worst cravings every afternoon but I stayed strong. After three months' abstinence I can honestly say that I do not crave it any more.

I know that I could not stay on my diet without going cold turkey, but I also know that this is not the right path for everyone. Part of being on this site is learning about your body and habits and experimenting with what is right for you individually. As of yesterday I am 1.5 lbs away from my official final destination, but I feel now like I'm more or less there and the number is just to keep a goal in front of me. I have not consciously put any sugar into my body for just over three months and I have more energy than ever, seem to need less sleep, and my mood is awesome!

One epiphany inspired by this site was that I may have been craving it because I was not getting enough fat in my diet, and so the craving for chocolate was my body's way of finding a substitute. Most people probably don't have this problem, but you might want to look to see if this is a concern for you.
  • JustBreathe418
    JustBreathe418 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    TOTALLY feel ya!

Here's my list:

Skinny Cow heavenly crisp bars - 110 calories each and they come in peanut butter or milk chocolate. They also have these caramel pecan cluster things that are 120 cals per package. All are delicious!

Fiber One 90 Calorie bars - they taste just like candy bars, comes in chocolate or chocolate peanut butter, and high in fiber!

Eating Right (safeway) 100 calorie nutrition bars - also taste like candy bars! and they have protein and fiber (as much as the 90 calorie fiber one bar!) so you're not eating empty calories. Flavors I've had are chocolate caramel, caramel, and chocolate peanut butter

Warm Delights Minis - 150 calories for a warm, gooey, melty chocolate cake. and for a pretty decent portion too. all you do is add water and microwave! love them. http://www.bettycrocker.com/products/warm-delights/products/minis

Moderation is key! Don't eat five bars/cakes in one sitting :)