Before and after pics for MOTIVATION!!!!!

Options

Replies

• mdarya1989
    Options
    TayMCoop wrote: »
    ehp6kag4xuaf.jpg

Amazing! Good job (*)
  • AngelZealot
    AngelZealot Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    These posts are absolutely wonderful!! The changes are amazing... everyone looks totally different without the added weight, and much much younger!!! Great job!! And thank you so much for motivating me! :smiley:
  • josephhart41
    Options
    ivaxz2ktaplb.jpg

Nearly 20kg gained over 2 years
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    0sil45u0zh43.jpg

This shows a difference of 114 pounds.

you look amazing, how did you do it?

Thank you! But I haven't done anything special. Calorie deficit! I haven't given up anything. I eat whatever I want in moderation. I'm pretty strict with portion control. I weigh/measure everything. I've been able to go out to eat… including at carb heavy places like Olive Garden and Mexican restaurants. I've had ice cream, brownies, pizza, hamburgers, etc. Those aren't everyday things… but I have given up nothing. I eat whatever I want… but I do have to say that what I want has changed over the past 8 months. For instance, carbonated beverages make me miserable these days. And fast food literally makes me sick. I know it's old news, especially on a site like this… but for me it really has all come down to the calorie deficit.

The macros that work best for me (both mentally and in terms of hunger) are carbs 50%/ protein 30%/ fat 20%. My days aren't always perfectly in line with those… but the average is pretty consistent. My carbs are usually from fruits and whole grains. I still struggle with veggies. They actually make me hungrier. But salads are my friend, so that is my only saving grace when it comes to veggies.

I workout 6 days a week, with a brisk 30 minute walk on my rest day. Workouts include weights and cardio. Cardio is usually steps and walking… but I'm currently doing couch to 5k right now to ease myself into jogging. I rarely eat back my exercise calories… but only because I would be uncomfortably stuffed if I tried. I have the energy I need to do what I want… I'll eat when I'm hungry, and my body is happy… so I don't feel the need to eat back my exercise calories just because they are there.
  • Jennifer076
    Jennifer076 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Still a work in progress. Started at 224 last picture is 184.

185ff102-c006-40d8-aeff-0354c4d8b9e5_zps8b063838.jpg
  • CassieR6
    CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    You all look so amazing!!!!!
  • Vossii
    Vossii Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Where is the "LIKE" button? All of these before and afters are amazing! Definitely getting me motivated.
  • AllAboutThatPace
    AllAboutThatPace Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    TayMCoop wrote: »
    ehp6kag4xuaf.jpg

You may have responded, it's hard to go through all of the posts to see and then find your post again... lol. Do you mind sharing your weights in the pictures?
  • AllAboutThatPace
    AllAboutThatPace Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    before_zps82e71c6e.jpg

DSC_1916_zps8749c1ec.jpg

Wow! Awesome, you look younger also!
  • llbennett74
    llbennett74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You all look fantastic. Nice work! (*)
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    All of your transformation is amazing!!!! Great motivation :)
  • THenry8
    THenry8 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Here's me at 430 pounds:n08sqfr4yn1h.jpg

Here's me now at 235 pounds:
    7cz1azra7wi9.jpg
    7hz19elmnlt4.jpg
  • jeffininer
    jeffininer Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Just at a year now

49573b7e-5688-4992-9a2a-b25db0884455_zps042ee69b.jpg
  • JunipersBohoMama
    JunipersBohoMama Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! You're all AMAZING!!!!! JUST AMAZING!!! I've been at it 2 weeks and I'm already down 5 lbs! Starting weight 188, currently at 183, GOAL 145 (or better!) I hope to have the same success as you all. Thanks for the inspiration!
  • savannahdougherty7
    savannahdougherty7 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    wow, these are all so inspirational! i just got back on the weight loss band wagon and have 60+ pounds to lose. I am at 228.5 right now and will need lots of support from mfp friends! I had to create a new account-come friend me! I am a good encourager too, the motivation and help from others goes both ways! :) great work all of you!!
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    2w1ldkrf8kmf.jpg

tibon447emwv.jpg

I lost a little more than 60lbs from May 2013 to December 2013. I maintained through most of 2014, but I've regained some since being put on high-dose steroids in September (and, let's be honest, coping with winter boredom/chronic pain by eating too much). These photos are my progress shots from when I was doing my absolute best -- I want to keep my pride in them and remind myself that I'm good at this, I can be successful at this, and I'll be back at fighting weight soon enough. I think I'll try to take a new "before" this evening...

• Jennicia74
    Jennicia74 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am blown away by all of these amazing transformations! I applaud you all for sharing your photos and stories....truly been motivational for me as I have just begun my journey! Continued success for all of you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!