Can't loose despite being good

I've been counting calories 1200 a day plus
s 20 to 40 mins high impact aerobics everyday lost 5 llb but have can't seem to loose any more. Finding hard to stay motivated when other around me are calorie counting and lost double what I have. I'm 5'2 and 11 stone 2 so plenty to loose. Any ideas ?

Replies

• healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Are you weighing all your food with a food scale?
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Patience. How long have you been at it? Weight loss has ebbs and flows. Depending on your exercise, you may actually want to eat a bit more.
  • Been going since 2nd Jan, just don't understand when other friends and family are following the same programe with more significant results. Only lost 5 lb don't look any different just frustrating.
  • kmash32
    kmash32 Posts: 275 Member
    Can't see your diary. Are you eating back any of your exercise calories? Are you tracking and weighing all your food and beverages? If you are not eating your exercise calories you probably are not eating enough. I know this sounds weird but it happens. The biggest thing you need to make sure is that you are weighing and measuring everything properly. In the beginning of things to many of us just rely on the site to much when it says things like ( 1 banana or 12 crackers and don't weigh them.)
  • Been going since 2nd Jan, just don't understand when other friends and family are following the same programe with more significant results. Only lost 5 lb don't look any different just frustrating.
    Are you weighing all your food with a food scale?

Yes strictly.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited January 2015
    Just noticed the 5 pounds in two weeks bit.

This isn't "The Biggest Loser". 5 pounds in two weeks is great. You can't expect that to continue long, though. It'll settle down to something more like a pound a week.
  • kmash32 wrote: »
    Can't see your diary. Are you eating back any of your exercise calories? Are you tracking and weighing all your food and beverages? If you are not eating your exercise calories you probably are not eating enough. I know this sounds weird but it happens. The biggest thing you need to make sure is that you are weighing and measuring everything properly. In the beginning of things to many of us just rely on the site to much when it says things like ( 1 banana or 12 crackers and don't weigh them.)

Hi I'm quite strict with weighing and confident the portions are in line with my diary how can I let you see the diary ?

• terra819
    terra819 Posts: 27 Member
    Its too early to get frustrated. Many people even gain weight in the first 2 weeks. Especially if your new diet is drastically different from your old. Your body is adjusting. Stick with it and you will soon see the weight come off.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    5 pounds in two weeks is great. You can't compare yourself to others. It could be water weight, it could be hormones, it could be anything. You didn't put the weight on in two weeks, it won't come off in two weeks. Just keep at it, and give it time.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Been going since 2nd Jan, just don't understand when other friends and family are following the same programe with more significant results. Only lost 5 lb don't look any different just frustrating.

Only 5lbs? It's only been 12 days since you started! I think your expectations aren't realistic. That's less than 2 weeks and over 2 lbs a week - that's amazing progress.
  • Flookbird
    Flookbird Posts: 81 Member
    If you've only been going since Jan 2nd 5lbs lost is really good?! It's not even been 2 weeks. No need to change what you're doung, just be more patient.
  • SueInAz wrote: »
    If you aren't losing weight you are eating more than you think you are. It's almost always that simple. How accurately are you logging your food? Are you using a kitchen scale to weigh your food portions? Are you choosing accurate food entries or looking for the one with the least amount of calories?

I always scan the bar code and check with results. My husband is following the plan too so we weigh the dinner at the same time. I know he is a man so weight loss can't be compared too much but he has lost 12 pound and has come off the wagon a few times ! Lol
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    edited January 2015
    double post... sorry!
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Do it for a month and then come back and tell us it didn't work. If you're eating 1200-1300 calories a day and exercising daily every single day for 30 days, you will lose.
  • MelRC117
    MelRC117 Posts: 911 Member
    Been going since 2nd Jan, just don't understand when other friends and family are following the same programe with more significant results. Only lost 5 lb don't look any different just frustrating.

Only 5lbs? It's only been 12 days since you started! I think your expectations aren't realistic. That's less than 2 weeks and over 2 lbs a week - that's amazing progress.
    This. 100% this.

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    edited January 2015
    5 pounds in 2 weeks is AWESOME.

1st: stop comparing yourself to others. It will do nothing useful. 2nd: the goal is to live a healthy, active life. Not win a sprint.

The reality shows where people lose 5-20 pounds in a week are not realistic, and not healthy for the most part. And maybe not all that honest! (TV is about ratings so reality is often a misnomer.) 1-2 pounds a week is great. As time goes on, 1-2 pounds a month is pretty good.
  • Thanks for the positive comments maybe you guys are right. I have to keep going I can't fail !! 2015 is gonna be the year in nail this weight thing!.
  • Becka4Real
    Becka4Real Posts: 1,527 Member
    Try eating a larger lunch and smaller dinner with no carbs at dinner. I find this works best for me. Eat back 1/3 to 1/2 of your cardio calories.
  • christinalong1991
    christinalong1991 Posts: 74 Member
    Men lose significantly faster than women, and if his diet is anything like my boyfriend's, it is probably mostly water weight now that you are actually paying attention to what your eating and sodium intake is naturally lower. 5lbs in 2 weeks is amazing. I agree, you need to change your expectations, not what you are doing. What you're doing is working just fine, the results you expect are what's off.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    you really don't have a lot to lose, so progress will be slow. For real fat loss, you dojn't really know what kind of deficit you are getting, if the deficit is 500 per day (which is a lot) then it would take 7 days to lose one pound of fat. Most of the loss is masked by other things, like water weight, so initially you might lose because she cut carbs, but then it evens out, so I am saying, you might have lost some water but much less fat. And with working out, there might be some water retained by your muscles.
    Just keep manageable changes consistently, things take time.