Weighing myself everyday

Options
13»

Replies

• blondieluv2shop
    blondieluv2shop Posts: 86 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

Good idea! Before stepping on the scale, remind yourself that the number simply tells you the weight of your body, NOT the value of your self-worth, nor should it influence your mood for the day! Just practice. You'll get there.[/quote]

Yes ma'am
  • jacqbult
    Options
    It's all about the moving average and, if you can look at the scale readings as simply more data, then I think the daily weighing actually works out best. Here's another site that helps track that info... www.weightchart.com .

I use that one and like to weigh in daily. Don't let yourself get discouraged about the days where the number is higher than the previous day, that is normal as you will see fluctuations daily with water weight and whether or not you've had a BM resently.

As long as the moving average continues to trend downward, you are in good shape.

Good luck!

Thanks!
  • Cincypsych
    Cincypsych Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Just started daily weigh ins, would love some like minded friends!
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Recently got Withings and do my weight and BF% every day. I love seeing how my prior day nutrition and exercise decisions affect my weight the following day. I used to weigh myself once per week, and then once per month, since I wasn't see the progress I wanted. Now that I am weighing everyday, I actually don't dwell on "the scale" anymore. As many people do, my real measurement is how my clothing fits. I have clothes for current weight, and clothes I used to fit in. When I can fit in those clothes again, I know I have reached my true goal.