Any Recipes for a really picky eater?

Options
Jordon513
Jordon513 Posts: 5 Member
i struggle with vegetables. I like corn, green beans, cooked carrots, and potatoes. I need some healthy recipes and some suggestions on how to prepare other vegetables!

Replies

• lucys1225
    lucys1225 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Since it seems like you like the sweeter vegetables, have you tried roasting other vegetables (zucchini, cauliflower, yellow squash...)? The roasting caramelizes the vegetables, giving them a sweeter taste.
  • Tbratt83
    Tbratt83 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yes! I agree with Lucys1225. I am also an extremely picky eater and roasted zucchini and yellow squash are my favorite! Some other great ones to roast are carrots, asparagus, and red potatoes. You can also pan fry any of these. I especially like lemon pepper chicken with roasted veggies
  • dcarter1020
    dcarter1020 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I say toss those veggies you like into a soup or stir fry! Filling and healthy.
  • kimw91
    kimw91 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I always whizz up mushrooms, carrot, onion and bell pepper and mix this through my meatloaf - extra veggies and extra taste :)

Soups would be a good way to get more vegetables in too. Have you ever tried pumpkin? It seems like something you'd enjoy. Especially roasted with some cinnamon it goes lovely and sweet. I often use it in my chicken chili (ground chicken, pumpkin, canned tomatoes, black or white beans, spinach and seasoning).

If you like green beans you may very well like garden peas also, which I always use in curry :)