I wanna look sexy in a bikini! Lol

Options
Hello, my name is Candace :) I have recently been categorized as over weight for the first time in my life and I want to fix it before I get out of hand. I have never been really active and always ranged in average weight. I am 5'7 and I used to weight 145-150 and that was average and now I find my self watching Netflix and eating goodies and weighing 162! My goal is to weigh 130-135. I have weighed 138 and I looked pretty good. On this website I want to make friends so we can share our goals and accomplishments! :)

My soulmate is FOOD so this is going to be a tough one, but I will reah my goal! :)

Replies

• neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I love food too, but decided earlier on in my journey that I'll still snack and eat what I like, but I control what I put in my body and I don't let it control me.

Take the time to make friends and post on the forum. Most are very friendly and willing to help. :)
  • petee5854
    petee5854 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Candace, you didn't mention your age and I'm not inquiring...from your picture you are still pretty young. My point is, it's never too late. I am 60, overweight Hang in there and am determined to get the weight off and be more fit from now on. I walk 2.2 miles each day during the week- half of which is inclines/hills- and do a 20 minute upper body workout 3 days a week ( I just started recently.) I have lost about 20 lbs and it will be a year Feb 25 since I started walking. I feel better, have more energy and can actually feel and see the progress. That is what will keep you motivated... Hang in there and keep posting your progress...best of luck!!
  • joshuajguyer
    joshuajguyer Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Candace, until a few minutes ago I wasn't even aware that MFP had forums where people could meet, chat, and help each other reach their fitness goals. I too find myself spending far too much time glued to Netflix watching one amazing tv series after another. Also, I'm a bit of a sugar wh*%e... So, I feel your pain. I'm not sure how this works having never used it before (the chat component) but if you'd like some help then let me know!
    Cheers,
    Josh
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Ahh. Hearing people say their goal weight is in the 130s is a breath of fresh air to me.
  • rjk03
    rjk03 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can still eat lots of food. Just might have to eat healthier foods. It becomes a lifestyle. A part of you/ Like breathing. After a while of exercising and eating healthy you cant imagine how you didnt start sooner. You just have to stick with it and get lots of support and motivation from other healthy folks.
  • kasleighx3
    kasleighx3 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey Candace! Like you I was in the average range for most my life. Def jump on it now! I hit the upper range of normal for my height at 120 and then gained 20 more pounds on top of it. apparently I didn't make good choices on the meal plan haha. Now I'm graduated and trying to get back down to my pre-college weight by making better lifestyle choices. Feel free to add me! Can never have too much encouragement.
  • paradi3s
    paradi3s Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me! :-)