losing weight for my boyfriend :)

Options
im a 19 year old film student from Germany and trying to lose some weight for my boyfriend. We've been a couple for 4 months and the fact that his body is kind of perfect I think it's time for me to do something myself. Feel free to follow me I could need some support <3

Replies

• liveyenna
    liveyenna Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi there, kind of the same situation! My boyfriend is superfit and loves sport so now we're sporting together and eating healthy together (even tho he's a sucker for junkfood and mcdonalds lol). I'm gonna add you if you don't mind.
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I suggest not losing weight for anyone but you. If your boyfriend doesn't accept you for who you are, he's not worthy. (Does he?)

Anyway, best of luck!
  • professorjo
    Options
    I suggest not losing weight for anyone but you. If your boyfriend doesn't accept you for who you are, he's not worthy. (Does he)

Anyway, best of luck!

You're absolutely right. Yes he accepts me as I am. I do it for me. I just don't feel comfortable with my body so I'm doing this for me not for him. But I'm pretty sure he will like it
  • icesk8tr94
    icesk8tr94 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Same! :)
  • mandimahoney5
    Options
    If he is with you, and you are the same as when you started dating, then apparently he likes you as you are.
    Never loose for some one else. Only do it for your self.
    If he is telling you to loose weight then I would suggest you do, and loose him. That will be a quick weight loss
  • skylily4ever
    skylily4ever Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've learned from personal experience, if you don't do it for yourself, then it won't work out well. Make sure it's for you, not him.
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    If you weren't with him would you still be trying to lose weight?

I agree it should be for you. Funny, I am never attracted to "perfect" types. I always find imperfect guys so much more interesting. I also think it makes me feel more comfortable and not feeling like I need to keep up or look like I just stepped out of a fashion shoot. I'm pretty sure he likes you as you are but, hey, getting healthy is a good thing! Hope you guys can workout together and have a great time!
  • Ms_Enzo1313
    Ms_Enzo1313 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    If he is your motivation to get fit and eat better than that is great! But its all about doing it for yourself 100% :)
  • CatLady1309
    Options
    Please do this for yourself:) it's great if he's being supportive but any health choices should always be for yourself.I wish you the best of luck! Feel free to add me x
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,641 Member
    Options
    Losing weight for others means you're trying to please others. That really doesn't end up well if there's some fall out. Not trying to be negative, just have seen results when others do it for others.
    Do it for yourself. That's why you should be doing it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I suggest not losing weight for anyone but you. If your boyfriend doesn't accept you for who you are, he's not worthy. (Does he)

Anyway, best of luck!

You're absolutely right. Yes he accepts me as I am. I do it for me. I just don't feel comfortable with my body so I'm doing this for me not for him. But I'm pretty sure he will like it

well then you have your answer.
  • pasandoval
    pasandoval Posts: 37 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    can't it be for both? i know i keep fit both for myself and so that my wife continues to find me attractive, and she does the same for me. it's a commitment we have to ourselves and each other.
  • richardositosanchez
    richardositosanchez Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I agree with others, do it for yourself. But if having someone motivate you is what gets you started then that's good.
  • KBurkhardt08
    KBurkhardt08 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I understand what he's saying. He's doing it for him but it also benefits his boyfriend. I'm the same way. I want to lose weight for me but in the long run its good for both of us because we are in this life together so might as well make the most of it :)
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    Most people say they want to get in better shape to upgrade their boyfriend options. Bravo for wanting to stick with with him.
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    You'll notice it's all women telling you "you have to do it for yourself!"

It's a woman thing to want to feel like we are in charge so we made a decision to do something because it was just our own personal whim and no one else was ever taken into consideration. I don't get it, but it's been pretty well studied and part of human psychology.

There's nothing wrong with getting fit for a boyfriend. Love is a very inspirational motivation.

I see people make major health overhauls to be with their kids/grand-kids longer, you don't hear people say "Just do it for yourself!" in those situations, do you? No, because somehow in their minds it is justified to make a sacrifice for your kids, but not another loved one.

It's because we're hard-wired to do ANYTHING for our kids.

Even get on a treadmill. But getting on a treadmill for a man, never!

Rock on! As your fat melts off and your muscles develop he'll go crazy! Your hormones will get a major boost from work outs too!

Whatever motivation you have to make a positive change and a positive habit is FINE!
  • cwlsr
    cwlsr Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I will keep it short! What are you going to do if you break up with him? Gain the weight back? Why not you do it for yourself so you will be healthy and think positive about yourself even if your relationship doesn't last. Over the years I have seen people fall into this trap of doing it (things) for others only to be depress when things don't work out. Be happy because you are doing it for you. As a 72 year old who would like to see your relationship work out. Just take this as some fatherly advice . True happiness always comes from within in how we look at ourselves not in what we do for others.
  • lismany
    lismany Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Make sure he is your motivation and not your reason.
  • jazzyjez
    jazzyjez Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    lismany wrote: »
    Make sure he is your motivation and not your reason.

Nice. :)
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    OP never said he was losing because the bf makes comments to lose weight. He wants to because he wants to be healthier which he feels that a byproduct will be a improve appearance for his bf.