20lb, how long?

Options
any idea on how long you'd think it would take to lose 20lb? Possible in 3 and a half months?

Replies

• V44V
    V44V Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Very possible, good diet, exercise will help you there!!!
  • maillekelly
    maillekelly Posts: 132
    Options
    well i'm currently eating 1200cals per day, but I started zigzagging on monday so eating different calories each day, but still adding up to the same amount each week, plus i have spin class 5 times a week. I've ordered 30day shred as well, I need to reach my goal in time!!
  • beesareyellow
    beesareyellow Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I average about 7 pounds a month no matter what I do, so 3 months is a very reasonable timeline I would think.
  • bigred0106
    bigred0106 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    To lose 20lb in 3 1/2 months you would need to lose 1.5 lb per week approx, so I would say that's definitely a fair target! Good luck!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I am at the 20lb point, it has taken me around 4 months. I could have eaten better, I could have eaten worse. I see this as a very good place for me to be, for now :wink: in another 4 months, I want to be at goal :smile:
  • V44V
    Options
    I started March 13th and have lost that already... A mixture of reducing my calories, eating five smaller meals/snacks rather than three meals, cutting out ALL carbonated drinks, drinking alcohol a lot less than I did, running 25km's a week, swimming and so on.

You can do it, think about your goal when you think about grabbing for the bad foods!!!
  • maillekelly
    Options
    I average about 7 pounds a month no matter what I do, so 3 months is a very reasonable timeline I would think.

Thats awesome, I wish I could keep that up!! I lost 8lb in the first months, but obviously you lose weight quicker at the start, i'll probably start to slow wayyy down now :"(
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Yes, definitely do-able! 3.5 months is 14 weeks, and on a good diet and exercise program, you should easily be able to lose 1.5 pounds a week, which'll have you hit your goal. Good luck!
  • maillekelly
    Options
    I started March 13th and have lost that already... A mixture of reducing my calories, eating five smaller meals/snacks rather than three meals, cutting out ALL carbonated drinks, drinking alcohol a lot less than I did, running 25km's a week, swimming and so on.

You can do it, think about your goal when you think about grabbing for the bad foods!!!

woah well done! very envious of you. The only thing that is getting me down right now is the amount of confusion these message boards have given me! I thought I was doing great, only eating 1200 cals a day and exercising a lot, then I saw everyone going on about how i MUST eat back my exercise calories or my body will go into starvation mode and I won't lose weight, now it's all I can think about I am literally spending HOURS on google trying to find if this is correct, I do not want anything to stall my weightloss !
  • maillekelly
    Options
    Yes, definitely do-able! 3.5 months is 14 weeks, and on a good diet and exercise program, you should easily be able to lose 1.5 pounds a week, which'll have you hit your goal. Good luck!

Thank you :) You've all cheered me up I was feeling doubtful!
  • makeachange22
    makeachange22 Posts: 151
    Options
    i lost it in a month, because i've never dieted before and i did a cleanse for my first few days lost 10lbs my first week healthy way. then 2lbs each week, if you lose an average 2lbs a week you can lose 10lbs roughly a month so im guessing around 2 and a quarter months with the right diet and excersise WATER WATER WATER
  • V44V
    Options
    Woah well done! very envious of you. The only thing that is getting me down right now is the amount of confusion these message boards have given me! I thought I was doing great, only eating 1200 cals a day and exercising a lot, then I saw everyone going on about how i MUST eat back my exercise calories or my body will go into starvation mode and I won't lose weight, now it's all I can think about I am literally spending HOURS on google trying to find if this is correct, I do not want anything to stall my weightloss !

I eat back most of my calories, but not all of them, I am always over 1200 net calories after exercise and usually over 1500 net, a far cry from what was probably 3500 calories a day and no exercise.

Feel free to look at my diary :D
  • maillekelly
    Options
    I had a look, I see you're keen on the whey protein shakes too! I love them. I'm a vegetarian so I find it hard getting enough protein in my diet.

I'm going to see if I lose weight this week, if I don't I'm ganna come screaming to you guys and you must drill it in my head I need to eat more!! It just seems so baffling to eat back my exercise cals after all my hard work lol
  • maillekelly
    Options
    i lost it in a month, because i've never dieted before and i did a cleanse for my first few days lost 10lbs my first week healthy way. then 2lbs each week, if you lose an average 2lbs a week you can lose 10lbs roughly a month so im guessing around 2 and a quarter months with the right diet and excersise WATER WATER WATER

water water! Yes I drink 2ltrs a day minimum :) I don't think I'll be able to lose 2lb per week, I mean the math says I should, as I've cut my calories back to 1200 when I should be eating 1900 plus I burn about 300 cals a day with exercise, but people on this site say the less you have to lose the harder it will be, and apparently the way I'm eating is not right and I'll not lose weight as I eat too little. Urgh!
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    It took me about a month to lose the 20 pounds but I also have quite a bit of weight to lose