Lean Muscle Diet

Options
Has anybody read "The Lean Muscle Diet" by Lou Schuler Alan Aragon? Is it worth buying?

Replies

• fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more. That's all you need to lose weight.
    If you burn more calories than you take in, you will get skinnier.
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options

NO!!!!! (sarcasm)
    Nope

Thank for the effort .. or not lol
    herrspoons wrote: »
    I bought it. It's... OK. Nothing revolutionary or new in it and I wouldn't buy it again.

The best part is Section 2, which deals with nutrition and calories. It's pretty good and better than MFPs default macro splits. Section 1 just comes across as prep and motivation, and doesn't tell you anything you don't know. Section 3 deals with weightlifting and is unnecessarily complex for a beginner - there's no need for phases and variation when consistency and simplicity would give better results.

Thank you very much :) I was wanting something about weight lifting but you are right, I'm a beginner and dont need compexity yet lol
  • cliffodom1
    cliffodom1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options

Where are you from fearlessleader? You certainly are not from America because in America they teach you how to read when you are a child. If you could read you would have seen that he is not asking how to burn more calories than you take in. He is asking if you have read "The Lean Muscle Diet" by Lou Schuler Alan Aragon. Your answer should have been yes or no. If yes how is it.

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I believe he was suggesting he didn't need the book, in response to the question "Is it worth buying?"

I haven't read it but I listened to the authors talk about it in a podcast. There didn't seem to be anything new or interesting in it (to me), so I passed. New Rules of Lifting (by Schuler) is great for a beginner. :)
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    How is weight training for dummies? Is that worth buying?