Hello, I'm new!

Options
Forensic
Forensic Posts: 468 Member
I decided (somewhat suddenly) recently that I needed to get into shape and actually be serious about it this time, and landed upon MFP (the app). What a surprise it has a vibrant forum as well! How exciting!

Let's see.... I'm 26, 5' 6" (or so), and currently at 240 down from 249 (but most of that is water weight, I'm sure.) I'm aiming to lose 2 pounds a week if I can, but I'll be happy with just about anything. I've dramatically increased my water intake and seriously cut my sugar intake (I have a major sweet tooth). Considering I'm diagnosed with metabolic syndrome and my father's side is all diabetic, it seemed wise.

Beside that, I'm hoping to look nice in a bridesmaid dress for the wedding of my best friend next April. :)

Um... Oh! The picture is my cat, isn't he a pretty boy?

Replies

• momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place!!!!

Pretty cat... want mine? My daughter left for college and left her cat... I am not a cat person...

Feel free to friend me (and take the damn cat!)

L.
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    hi welcome and gd luck:smile:
  • abbyko
    abbyko Posts: 108
    Options
    Hi! I'm new too. I'm also trying to lose weight for my sister's wedding in September. I do not want to have flappy arm fat in my pretty dress! I'm aiming somewhere between 1.5 - 2 lbs a week, but it tells me that to lose 2 lbs a week I'd have to 1200 calories a day and I've heard that that's too low. So I'm trying to stay between 1250 -1430 on any given day. I'm 5'9" and 215lbs. Good luck!
  • fridaysgal
    fridaysgal Posts: 37
    Options
    Welcome...I'm new too, having only been on here a little over a week. Increasing water intake really actually helped me with food cravings. I'm not sure why but it seems I'm not ever terribly hungry due to the water consumption I assume. If you're looking for support along your journey, I sent you a friend request, I'd be happy to help out!

Good luck to you!

Your kitty is adorable....I am owned by two cats, an orange and white male and a grey female. :)
  • lilabette
    lilabette Posts: 21
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new too! Best of luck on your weight loss goals!
  • Forensic
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place!!!!

Pretty cat... want mine? My daughter left for college and left her cat... I am not a cat person...

Feel free to friend me (and take the damn cat!)

L.

Lol, I think my roommates might kill me if I brought in another cat (we have two small dogs and three cats between the three of us already!)
  • Forensic
    Options
    Hi! I'm new too. I'm also trying to lose weight for my sister's wedding in September. I do not want to have flappy arm fat in my pretty dress! I'm aiming somewhere between 1.5 - 2 lbs a week, but it tells me that to lose 2 lbs a week I'd have to 1200 calories a day and I've heard that that's too low. So I'm trying to stay between 1250 -1430 on any given day. I'm 5'9" and 215lbs. Good luck!

I hear you on the 'arm-wings' issue... another friend of mine was married in January and oh my stars, the pictures were horrible! the basically strapless dress and the arm fat... ugh.

It says right now that i need 1310 cal/day for 2 pounds a week. I'm actually finding it hard to reach that, though... I guess the water is killing my drive to eat. Before this, though, I was probably eating whenever I was thirsty.