Quest bars

Options
are they healthy?

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Avoid looking at individual food items as 'healthy' or 'unhealthy' - it is entirely dependent on what the rest of the individual's diet looks like and their personal goals.

There is no reason Quest bars cannot be enjoyed as part of a diet, just like with any other food.
  • neekmichelle922
    neekmichelle922 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm asking in term of ingredients like whey protein isolate & erythritol but thank you :)
  • Jimmyftw94
    Jimmyftw94 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on what you want. For me, I want to build muscle and stay lean so I choose a snack bar that is high in protein and low in fat and calorie.

I just pick these up eariler today:

ykqdd52tarnd.jpg
  • aplcr0331
    aplcr0331 Posts: 186 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    They're considered one of the "better" protein bars in articles that I've read. Looked at a few bodybuilding websites with articles about "best" protein bars and Quest was usually at or near the top.

Plus they taste good. I've only eaten the Cookies and Cream bar and it does indeed taste pretty good. It's a fairly hefty bar and is satisfying. I'd give them a try, they certainly can't hurt as long as you stay under your daily Calorie goals.

Around here they are $25 for 12 bars, but you can find them on sale and one of the local fitness shops has coupons for $5 off from time to time so just shop around.

Good luck!

C
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Ummm, Quest Bars have the same amount of calories, but less fat and more protein than the Nature Valley bars posted...just an FYI.

I'm not a fan of Quest bars as I think they are too pricey for what you get and I haven't found one that I like the taste of.

They have a great macro breakdown though for a nutrition bar.

Yes, all foods are healthy in the right scenario, including these.
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    They have a LOT of fiber, and tend to fill me up. I don't eat them often but if I'm in a hurry and don't want to be starving later I will have one as a mid-morning snack. I think healthier than some out there. They are pricey, though, that is true!
  • tinklemar
    tinklemar Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    my favorite are the cinnamon roll ones!
  • Jimmyftw94
    Jimmyftw94 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Yeah but they are $25 for 12 bars which is really expensive. Nature valley cost around $3-4 for 5 bars.
  • Hornsby
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Jimmyftw94 wrote: »
    Yeah but they are $25 for 12 bars which is really expensive. Nature valley cost around $3-4 for 5 bars.

That's fine, but your the qualifier is that they cost too much. You stated that you wanted high protein and low fat which the Nature Valley bars do not provide. I think you can see how that is confusing for me.

• sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    are they healthy?

Quest are very low carb, but I don't really care for the taste.

I really like the Think Thin bars.

Think-Products-ThinkThin-Lean-Protein-And-Fiber-Bar-Cinnamon-Bun-White-Chocolate-753656711027.jpg

bar_zps96602bae.jpg
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I love Quest bars. They satisfy my cravings, taste decent, and hit good macros. I got a variety pack from Amazon to branch out and try more flavors.

My only issue is how expensive they are. I try to keep them only to days I lift or really am struggling to get protein in. To me it's worth it financially in those situations, I just have to be careful.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    LOVE Quest bars. If you like to scrutinize ingredient lists, you're not going to find a protein bar that has all-natural ingredients and anywhere near as good a macro breakdown. So you have to choose what's more important to you.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    I eat one just about every night as a protein-packed dessert. They haven't killed me yet :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
  • juliedozier
    juliedozier Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I too love Quest bars ... they are high in protein, super low in sugar. The new Smore's flavor is great.
  • aplcr0331
    aplcr0331 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Quest might be expensive if you are on a budget, absolutely, but since the OP is asking specifically about them I assume that cost was not a factor and she wanted to hear about Quest bars spefically.

Quest Bars have less fat and less sugar than the Nature Valley so that could be a factor for some people too. Also, they have twice an much protein which is huge for people trying to hit their macros.

In the end you have to factor in all things, but I get the cost is usually a big factor for some.
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I like Quest bars. They pack a ton of protein and fiber with out a bunch of fillers and chemical sounding ingredients. They have only one gram of sugar (however, they do contain sugar alcohol). Great choice that will fill you up and they taste great. I like the double chocolate chunk. They are a bit pricey but pack the most bang for your buck (You just can't beat the 20 grams of protein for 160 calories!).
  • NJSunshine1113
    Options
    My nutritionist gave me a quest bar yesterday....so she approves of them if that's any help.
  • mrsmalloryevers
    Options
    sm1zzle wrote: »
    are they healthy?

Quest are very low carb, but I don't really care for the taste.

I really like the Think Thin bars.

Think-Products-ThinkThin-Lean-Protein-And-Fiber-Bar-Cinnamon-Bun-White-Chocolate-753656711027.jpg

bar_zps96602bae.jpg

Where can I find these!?!
    I hate the taste of quest bars...
  • Atrocity108
    Atrocity108 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I too plan on trying some this evening when I stop by the local heath food store.
  • Hornsby
    Options
    LOVE Quest bars. If you like to scrutinize ingredient lists, you're not going to find a protein bar that has all-natural ingredients and anywhere near as good a macro breakdown. So you have to choose what's more important to you.

I agree with the "if you want all natural" bar comment, but there are plenty that are close or as good depending on one's views for a much cheaper cost.