Weighing myself everyday

2»

Replies

• SkinnyBubbaGaar
    SkinnyBubbaGaar Posts: 389 Member
    It's all about the moving average and, if you can look at the scale readings as simply more data, then I think the daily weighing actually works out best. Here's another site that helps track that info... www.weightchart.com .

I use that one and like to weigh in daily. Don't let yourself get discouraged about the days where the number is higher than the previous day, that is normal as you will see fluctuations daily with water weight and whether or not you've had a BM resently.

As long as the moving average continues to trend downward, you are in good shape.

Good luck!

• blondieluv2shop
    blondieluv2shop Posts: 86 Member
    It's all about the moving average and, if you can look at the scale readings as simply more data, then I think the daily weighing actually works out best. Here's another site that helps track that info... www.weightchart.com .

I use that one and like to weigh in daily. Don't let yourself get discouraged about the days where the number is higher than the previous day, that is normal as you will see fluctuations daily with water weight and whether or not you've had a BM resently.

As long as the moving average continues to trend downward, you are in good shape.

Good luck!

Thanks so much! I appreciate the helpful info.
  • blondieluv2shop
    edited January 2015
    You guys are awesome. I've gained some insight and got some great info. Thanks!
  • judi43
    judi43 Posts: 1 Member
    I, too, weigh myself every day. However, for health reasons, I am on a low fat, low sodium diet so the scale is my friend. Since salt is my poison, If I gain 2 lbs in one day, it means I had too much salt and I need to cut back on the salt. This diet has helped me lose at least a pound a week so far. So, weighing yourself daily is not a bad thing. It can be used to your advantage.
  • yomikeya
    yomikeya Posts: 12 Member
    I weight myself probably every other day and then once a month get body fat % tested to make sure it's trending down.
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    I like weighing weekly...I used to weigh whenever I wanted to, often more than once a day, but I decide to make myself try something new. I made only weighing weekly one of my weight loss goals and that helped me change my attitude about it very quickly. Here's why I've grown to like it better:
    1. I feel it's a more realistic habit to form long term
    2. I think more about how I feel, how my clothes fit, what I see in the mirror and just feel more tuned in to all of those changes rather than what the scale says.
    3. I feel more motivated...every weekly weigh-in is like a finishline that I'm working towards.
    4. Whatever happens on the scale that week fuels me...I feel motivated to push myself harder, or I feel thrilled at a success and want to keep it going.

It look a few weeks for me to lose the itch to weigh, but I haven't looked back since.
  • blondieluv2shop
    judi43 wrote: »
    I, too, weigh myself every day. However, for health reasons, I am on a low fat, low sodium diet so the scale is my friend. Since salt is my poison, If I gain 2 lbs in one day, it means I had too much salt and I need to cut back on the salt. This diet has helped me lose at least a pound a week so far. So, weighing yourself daily is not a bad thing. It can be used to your advantage.

So I'm learning. I just have to learn to adjust my additude with the daily weighing.
  • grandmamere
    grandmamere Posts: 155 Member
    miqisha wrote: »
    I can't weight everyday, it would drive me crazy. If it affects your emotional state then I would work on minimizing to maybe once a week

Exactly! I'm working on it!

Also have someone take the scale and only return once a week. Choose a designated day and keep at it.
  • I used to weigh myself daily, but I too was hard on myself if the number went up, even though I knew it was most likely muscle/water weight. Seeing that Im cutting - I got discouraged. So I got my boyfriend to hide the scale, and I now only weigh in every few weeks, with the mentality that if I know Im working hard and eating how I should, the number shouldnt disappoint me - and then he can hide the scale again until the next weigh in! Lol
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,738 Member
    judi43 wrote: »

So I'm learning. I just have to learn to adjust my additude with the daily weighing.

Good idea! Before stepping on the scale, remind yourself that the number simply tells you the weight of your body, NOT the value of your self-worth, nor should it influence your mood for the day! Just practice. You'll get there.
  • blondieluv2shop
    edited January 2015

Good idea! Before stepping on the scale, remind yourself that the number simply tells you the weight of your body, NOT the value of your self-worth, nor should it influence your mood for the day! Just practice. You'll get there.[/quote]

Yes ma'am
  • It's all about the moving average and, if you can look at the scale readings as simply more data, then I think the daily weighing actually works out best. Here's another site that helps track that info... www.weightchart.com .

Good luck!

Thanks!
  • Cincypsych
    Cincypsych Posts: 116 Member
    Just started daily weigh ins, would love some like minded friends!
  • daj150
    daj150 Posts: 815 Member
    Recently got Withings and do my weight and BF% every day. I love seeing how my prior day nutrition and exercise decisions affect my weight the following day. I used to weigh myself once per week, and then once per month, since I wasn't see the progress I wanted. Now that I am weighing everyday, I actually don't dwell on "the scale" anymore. As many people do, my real measurement is how my clothing fits. I have clothes for current weight, and clothes I used to fit in. When I can fit in those clothes again, I know I have reached my true goal.