Selfies & the Gym....Do or Don't

Options
mrsmartinez99
mrsmartinez99 Posts: 1,255 Member
Yesterday I got to the gym pretty late, around midnight; there were two girls (around 18 or 19) in the locker room taking selfies in front of the mirror. Did not bother me until I walked behind them to leave the locker room and they were irritated I "ruined" their picture. Really?!?!

Am I the only one here that is annoyed with selfies at the Gym?

Replies

• JackKopCh
    JackKopCh Posts: 8,044 Member
    Options
    I think that's more a case of annoying person then annoying thing.
  • 530roman
    530roman Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    I have a feeling 20-30% of responses on this thread will be of somebody having taken a selfie in the gym as an avatar.
  • mrsmartinez99
    Options
    I guess you are right, because I was not annoyed until they made it a point to say I was in their way. I guess the action can be said for anything, new people to the gym will do while there.
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options

It is annoying.

I'm going to the gym to get it in.... not draw attention to myself because I am working out.

• redromad275
    redromad275 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I don't care either way. Has no effect on me
  • Badger_Girl99
    Badger_Girl99 Posts: 2,220 Member
    Options
    No one wants to see a gym selfie of me. I'm sparing everyone.
  • TheDoughnutTheif
    TheDoughnutTheif Posts: 349 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Only if you have a narcisstick.
  • sweetdixie92
    sweetdixie92 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    If I see someone taking a selfie or picture, I just normally duck and go by. Nobody wants me to photobomb them haha.
  • clf1284
    clf1284 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've never been a member to a gym before, but as long as they're not in my way I guess it wouldn't bother me. If they made a comment towards me ruining their picture that would be different. I probably would even take a selfie every once in awhile. I personally don't see a problem with it. Unless you spend more time perfecting the selfie than actually working out! Then you have issues. :)
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I'm annoyed with selfies in general.
  • mrsmartinez99
    edited January 2015
    Options
    ^^And you my lady have pointed out my issue. With the new year comes new members that are obviously not committed to being there. Taking up a machine because your camera angle was bad, is not my problem. I will just have to get over it until at least February when they stop coming.

Sorry meant that for @clf1284
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    selfies everywhere all the time no matter what

pro selfie 2015
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I got to the gym pretty late, around midnight; there were two girls (around 18 or 19) in the locker room taking selfies in front of the mirror. Did not bother me until I walked behind them to leave the locker room and they were irritated I "ruined" their picture. Really?!?!

haha were they like this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQfmpXsLV_4
  • mrsmartinez99
    Options

haha were they like this?

That's hilarious because it was at Planet Fitness and no they were really thin, wearing sweats, and not hot at all. Believe me I can appreciate a woman.
  • jenmar17
    jenmar17 Posts: 3,261 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Don't get me wrong, I'm taking selfies everywhere and anywhere ;) But to get upset that you walked past their picture is stupid. Girl, you can photo bomb me anytime

(And I'll add, the reason to take a selfie at the gym is bc the mirrors are killer. It's really the best place to take a full-body selfie)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    they are 18,,, that's what they do, take selfies..... they will grow up.
  • JeffseekingV
    Options
    A few kids take selfies in the gym. Some young kid was flexing his biceps and taking one. I sorta has to laugh a bit. I so wanted to stand a decent distance behind him and pose. So he wouldn't notice right away but take the pic and post it somewhere. then someone would point out the guy 15 ft behind him that was photobombing his selfie.
  • mrsmartinez99
    Options
    A few kids take selfies in the gym. Some young kid was flexing his biceps and taking one. I sorta has to laugh a bit. I so wanted to stand a decent distance behind him and pose. So he wouldn't notice right away but take the pic and post it somewhere. then someone would point out the guy 15 ft behind him that was photobombing his selfie.

^^Now on my to-do list
  • mikeshockley
    mikeshockley Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I only take selfies of other people. Some like to call that stalking. Whatever.

B)
  • JeffseekingV
    Options
    I have a goal. I want to have really nice abs at my age. I've seen a few guys lift up their shirts to admire their 2-3 pack. I'd so love to just wander close them like I was doing something else and "bam" lift up my shirt to reveal a six pack at 2x their age. Petty? You bet. But a guy needs motivation