Selfies & the Gym....Do or Don't

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    A few kids take selfies in the gym. Some young kid was flexing his biceps and taking one. I sorta has to laugh a bit. I so wanted to stand a decent distance behind him and pose. So he wouldn't notice right away but take the pic and post it somewhere. then someone would point out the guy 15 ft behind him that was photobombing his selfie.

If you ever do this (or if I ever do this) it's gotta be a Hulk Hogan type pose, Brother!
  • mikeshockley
    mikeshockley Posts: 684 Member

If you ever do this (or if I ever do this) it's gotta be a Hulk Hogan type pose, Brother![/quote]

Go big or go home!!
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited January 2015
    TR0berts wrote: »
    A few kids take selfies in the gym. Some young kid was flexing his biceps and taking one. I sorta has to laugh a bit. I so wanted to stand a decent distance behind him and pose. So he wouldn't notice right away but take the pic and post it somewhere. then someone would point out the guy 15 ft behind him that was photobombing his selfie.

If you ever do this (or if I ever do this) it's gotta be a Hulk Hogan type pose, Brother!

hahaha.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    they are 18,,, that's what they do, take selfies..... they will grow up.

^Yup! Seriously, if they are getting mad that you walked by in the fricken locker room which "ruined" their selfie, they need to GTFO.

Besides the catty scenario above, I don't mind if people are taking selfies. Do ya thang! However, I can't take selfies in public - I am just embarrassed to do so. I can tap dance on a tabletop, sing for a crowd, but taking a selfie I can't do. haha I don't know why.
  • rossinator63
    rossinator63 Posts: 36 Member
    The gym I go to doesn't allow cell phone use in the workout areas and taking a photo in the locker room can get your membership suspended. Tell those girls to put the phone away when in an area where people are changing cloths.
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    So, I just saw this and laughed considering this thread.
    dsadrerer.jpg
  • mrsmartinez99
    mrsmartinez99 Posts: 1,255 Member
    So, I just saw this and laughed considering this thread.
    dsadrerer.jpg

^^This! I say we create a thread and post non gym activities we catch. I go to Planet Fitness and for whatever reason there are a few that do not take it serious
  • SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    ^^lol
  • ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    I would be angry if my gym didn't allow cell phones I use it for music not talking never thought about others taking pics without asking not sure I like this but it happenes everywhenre. Selfies are a part of life for twitter and social media for many I am not one who is going to do it but have had to take photos in gym for coach and a few videos since I train alone but that doesn't happen often.
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,305 Member
    it is my mission to photobomb them....that's what I do
  • mrsmartinez99
    MellowGa wrote: »

Could have used you in the women's locker room last night
  • If they take a selfie then go an work their backside off in the gym for an hour then no I don't mind but if they then go and have a stroll on the treadmill for ten mins before goin home, that's when it would annoy me!! :)
  • jenmar17
    jenmar17 Posts: 3,261 Member
    edited January 2015
    But you guuuys...THE MIRRORS though!

MellowGa wrote: »

You can photobomb me anytime you want. Then I look like I have friends.
  • mrsmartinez99
    rachelmawe wrote: »
    If they take a selfie then go an work their backside off in the gym for an hour then no I don't mind but if they then go and have a stroll on the treadmill for ten mins before goin home, that's when it would annoy me!! :)

Ahhh that is exactly what they did. I was in the 30 min cardio area and they came in, randomly jumped from machine to machine (taking selfies), no effort in actually working out. Walked around, more towards the free weights (this is where most of the guys are late at night), then left.
  • mscheesy77
    mscheesy77 Posts: 171 Member
    Girl I'm with you... I understand if you're taking selfies for self improvement (Guy or Girl), but some of these girls do it for ATTENTION. IF they're flexing, you know showing SELF IMPROVEMENT that's alright... But if they're just taking pix to show off their *kitten* then yea that's annoying... Ladies, please act appropriate. Is that too much to ask?
  • RebeccaChemmy
    RebeccaChemmy Posts: 66 Member
    I've taken selfies after gym sessions to send to my boyfriend. I look a mess and it's a test to see if he still loves me. :p

But seriously, I have taken them before, mainly when I've actually put on make up after a workout (happens about once a month. It's too much effort.) I try to do it when no one is looking though. :p
  • mscheesy77
    I have a goal. I want to have really nice abs at my age. I've seen a few guys lift up their shirts to admire their 2-3 pack. I'd so love to just wander close them like I was doing something else and "bam" lift up my shirt to reveal a six pack at 2x their age. Petty? You bet. But a guy needs motivation

And that's alright... That's great!!! Keep doing that. But some really don't or shouldn't lol!!!
  • tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    No photos in the locker, EVER!!! Many gyms post signs to that effect. It's an invasion of privacy.
  • mscheesy77
    But if I ever do take a selfie improvement pose it'll be the CLAY MATTHEWS POSE... THE PREDITOR!!! :D
  • kismea
    kismea Posts: 45 Member
    I love to photobomb, a lot. I think that taking pictures in a locker room is way not cool. That being said, I know it happens and there isn't a heck of a lot staff can do about it. I will photobomb pretty much any chance I get though - so look out gymselfies - there may be a fat chick in your future photo! ;)