ive Cheated!!!!!

Options
someone please help me realize ive got to get counting ! and eating better, i need motivation im a mother of four grown kids i work everyday cleaning houses and just need to try get off those sweets from holidays , my husband is addicted to popeyes chicken! and this is the cheapest way out to start a diet. my son graduates in may and i want to look amazing . im 45 and i weigh 177 .. not really too bad five months ago i was at 172 so thats not bad but when you feel it in your clothes its bad! i dont do any exercise ever. but need to at least walk which i used to make time for but no time really for that and its cold thats another excuse right.

Replies

• RoarkWD
    RoarkWD Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    One of the things I do, especially when it's cold out...is run in place while watching TV. I've been doing this for years and it really can be a great workout. Park farther away from store entrances, you'll be surprised how much things like this can add up during your day. This is something you need to do for yourself primarily. It can be hard at first but then it becomes a habit and soon you find you can't do without the exercise and being better with your food choices. It's been many years ago but my turning point was walking out of a gas station and catching my reflection in the glass door...shudder! LOL Anything I can do to help feel free to give me a shout. I love doing this stuff and helping others along their journey.
  • cdlee05
    cdlee05 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    What's more important, Popeye's chicken or looking amazing by May? Ask yourself that question EVERY day and EVERY time you want to cheat. A disciplined diet is more important than disciplined exercise, focus on that first. And, like RoarkWD said, make the small changes like jogging during a show, parking in back. May is going to arrive whether you work hard or not, so you might as well work hard at it.
  • crawfishgirl333
    crawfishgirl333 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    cdlee05 wrote: »
    What's more important, Popeye's chicken or looking amazing by May? Ask yourself that question EVERY day and EVERY time you want to cheat. A disciplined diet is more important than disciplined exercise, focus on that first. And, like RoarkWD said, make the small changes like jogging during a show, parking in back. May is going to arrive whether you work hard or not, so you might as well work hard at it.
    thanks that all makes sense.
  • crawfishgirl333
    crawfishgirl333 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    i dont know if i see myself jogging in front of tv. my husband may think ive lost it! lol but its ok cause im hardly ever watching tv. but thats a good idea just afraid someone will laugh if they see me . and i do park farther trying to do it every time i go somewhere.
  • coffee_man
    coffee_man Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Designate any 2 days (not consecutively and not in the same week) out of the month for rewarding yourself for your commitment and discipline. Just work out a little longer and get that heart rate up the following day if you can. Small rewards throughout a long journey help keep the motivation and determination levels high. Stay the course!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    giddy up, pull yourself together and DO IT!