Exercise newbie!

Options
Does anyone have some good beginner workouts? Not for the gym, not going there, but for home. I'd prefer walking over running but I'm not opposed to running! And I want to start fairly easy, I am just starting!

Replies

• jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Walking and/or running is good. You could try Couch to 5K. Also, there's a site called You Are Your Own Gym that offers many exercises that don't require equipment and can be done anywhere. YouTube offers many exercise videos you can do at home, as well. Good luck to you in whatever you choose.
  • loonylovegood0715
    loonylovegood0715 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    jlapey wrote: »
    Walking and/or running is good. You could try Couch to 5K. Also, there's a site called You Are Your Own Gym that offers many exercises that don't require equipment and can be done anywhere. YouTube offers many exercise videos you can do at home, as well. Good luck to you in whatever you choose.

Thanks! I considered the C25K app but I don't want to pay for it (: thanks! I hadn't heard of that website!
  • Chandler330
    Chandler330 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Youtube has a ton of exercise dvd programs uploaded for free. There are also a ton of different workouts available on the site so you can try out new activities or find something you already know you enjoy. Fitnessblender.com also has a bunch of free workouts to choose from. Walking is a wonderful way to start :smile: I think it's important to find something you enjoy since you're more likely to stick with it.