Any other Chubby Goths out there?

Options
2»

Replies

• AnathemaTeatime
    Options
    Of course I'm totally saying "yay" to losing weight and being healthier, but . . . not sure where you live (yah I could have looked before hitting reply but didn't, whoops), here in San Francisco three are tons of hot zaftig goth girls in corset, sexy clothes, etc. Sure, sometimes I see some very large woman in a very small dress and thing gee, I don't think I'd make that fashion choice. But I have found in general that the goth/industrial/fetish scene is very accepting of all body types. Fwiw.
  • lunaliberi
    lunaliberi Posts: 60
    Options
    Lol, I like that. "Every girl should know what they look like without hair" XD
  • Lazyboy09
    Lazyboy09 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    So is this picture you? Or just one you like that you pulled from vampirefreaks?
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I'm not a goth, per se, but have what has been come to be regarded as a goth aesthetic, since long before goths were 'invented'! :laugh:

I have to admit that I'm not at all a fan of goth music (unless it's Voltaire!) but I am a big fan of people - regardless of age and size - being able to dress in a manner which they feel expresses their personality! :devil:

Feel free to add me if you want!
  • MemphisGirl75
    MemphisGirl75 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I was Goth before they called it "Goth". Back in the late 80s/early 90s, we were just freaks! Still wear my docs though. Favorite band will always be the Cure, no matter what age I am. I was always a chunk, even back then, but I made a lot of my own clothes, added/changed stuff up, and wore a lot of guy's stuff (trenchcoats,black blazers, tuxedo shirts, etc).

2858698.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I suppose some people would label me goth but i don't like labels :(
    I've always just done my own thing, like shaving my head at hairdressing college! I know what you mean about feeing uncomfortable in 'goth' fashions. When i was a teenager the clubs etc we're full of all body types & curvier ladies we're actively sought out. These days like the rest of society thin seems to be the only way to be, i would hate to try to buy 'goth'clothes these days i have serious curves!
    Good luck with your journey, i hope you get everything you need from this site x
  • StephanieDuckie
    Options
    Does punk goth count? =]
  • kryscas
    kryscas Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I've been called this (both goth and a chubby one too boot! lol) many a times. I'm a bit of everything really I suppose, if I were to think about it? But I don't. I'm me, and I'm pretty awesome. And that's all there is to say. :)
  • ampjorgensen
    ampjorgensen Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    haha once upon a time. now I am a soccer mom so that life is behind me. The pants and clothes are not always functional with tots running around and being I live in small town iowa its not quite as accepted as a cultural norm and I think I'd miss getting invited to neighborhood events but its awesome you are so confident!
  • Jaqfrog
    Jaqfrog Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    *raises hand* goth is just one of the pigeonholes I sit in.
    yup, size UK16/18, but prolly 17/19 tbh.
    feel free to add me on here - need all the support I can get to try and get my lazy *kitten* in better shape!
  • Vi0l33t
    Vi0l33t Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I suppose some people would label me goth but i don't like labels :(
    I've always just done my own thing, like shaving my head at hairdressing college! I know what you mean about feeing uncomfortable in 'goth' fashions. When i was a teenager the clubs etc we're full of all body types & curvier ladies we're actively sought out. These days like the rest of society thin seems to be the only way to be, i would hate to try to buy 'goth'clothes these days i have serious curves!
    Good luck with your journey, i hope you get everything you need from this site x

trying to purchase goth esque clothes in any of the typical malls shops is ridiculously stupid these days. they never carry anything above a 16 in girls anymore, and even the mens clothing has gotten scary tiny :/
  • Vi0l33t
    Vi0l33t Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    haha once upon a time. now I am a soccer mom so that life is behind me. The pants and clothes are not always functional with tots running around and being I live in small town iowa its not quite as accepted as a cultural norm and I think I'd miss getting invited to neighborhood events but its awesome you are so confident!

The people in my neighborhood don't mind a bit and most of them even like me. they giggle a little when I wear black lipstick and it isn't halloween, and I hear titters sometimes when i wear my neko mimi, but in this day and age, most people simply don't care any more.
  • tarabatton
    tarabatton Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I guess I would fit with in that general profile as well. I still get dressed up (tutus, boots, bondage skirts, corsets,ect) just on the weekends now. I am a big part in our scene here in AZ w/ my fiance. I am definatly curvy. I cant wait to get into Lip service-vinyl skirts here I come, lol.
  • saktii2323
    saktii2323 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    *RAISES HAND*.. though, I've always been into the Mod/Britpop thing too.