Ideal Protein

Options
Hi, I'm on the Ideal Protein Diet. I struggle to call it a diet, as it is truly a life change. It changes the way you think about food! I have been on many diets (Herbal Magic, WW, TBM) and I know they all say that - but this one is truly your last diet. I have lost 40lbs in 16 weeks. I feel better than I ever have, and I am loving every minute of it! I am on my second week of Phase 3. Anyone else here on this diet? I was a bit suprised not to find an Ideal Protein group!

Replies

• Zita_Jenn
    Zita_Jenn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

Today is my first day on this diet as well. I can't say too much since I haven't been on it for very long but so far I like their products. I have just tried the Maple Oatmeal and their Cream of Chicken Soup. My snack tonight will be the Milk Chocolate Pudding. Mmmmm :smile: I thought I would have a hard time drinking 10 glasses of water but it is only 3 pm and I have 4 glasses left :happy: I am so hoping to lose the weight. I was or still am a bit nervous since I have been told that if you lose the weight fast then you are more likely to gain it all back. I am hoping that this will not be the case.

Thank you so much for posting on here.
  • Tragfan
    Tragfan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Stick with it!! You will love it. If you have any questions at all - please ask!! I am in maintenance, but by no means an expert lol. But I will try and help anyway I can, I know this diet can be very confusing in the beginning!
  • Zita_Jenn
    Options
    Thank you!!! No questions yet. Got the headaches that they have warned me about but they go away when it is time for my next meal. And when I go to bed. I am following what they told me to eat. I did however put 1 tbs of Kraft Italian Dressing Calorie Wise in my salad. Not too sure if I should have but I wanted to try anyways. :smile: I am also finding out that I am not to keen on their puddings. lol
  • ang69169
    ang69169 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have lost 95pds on this plan. Life changing is an under statement, more like a second chance at being a better you!! Its Awesome!!
  • Tragfan
    Options
    WOW!!! ang69169! That is FANTASTIC!!!!! What phase are you on right now??
  • Zita_Jenn
    Options
    95 lbs!!!! Holy!!!!! That is so Awesome!! How long have you been on the plan? I am so hoping to lose about 40 lbs. :smile:
  • Zita_Jenn
    Options
    What kind of exercises have you done while you were on the protein diet?
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    It's a hard diet to google, finally found something to see that this diet only exists in the GTA. None of you had your location so I assume you are in it.

The office is in Mississauga so I won't be going, too far away. Too bad they don't just make a meal plan and put it online of what protein to eat and what sugars to avoid but of course, free tips won't help them, lol

http://www.idealproteinweightlosscentre.com/weightloss-clinic-info.htm
  • Zita_Jenn
    Options
    We get a list of stuff of what to eat. But you have to eat their stuff as well. I can e-mail you a copy if you'd like. :smile:
  • salfera
    salfera Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been on phase 4 - (maintenace) of Ideal Protein for 5 weeks. I love it! I have lost 60 lbs in since Oct 2010 and I feel great! I have changed my eating habits and exercise habits, and yet it was easy. I have been on many diets too and this has been the only diet that has been successful for me and has taught me how to eat! I believe that you are not wasting time being on this diet and you will truly be happy! :happy:
  • Tragfan
    Options
    It's a hard diet to google, finally found something to see that this diet only exists in the GTA. None of you had your location so I assume you are in it.

The office is in Mississauga so I won't be going, too far away. Too bad they don't just make a meal plan and put it online of what protein to eat and what sugars to avoid but of course, free tips won't help them, lol

http://www.idealproteinweightlosscentre.com/weightloss-clinic-info.htm

I found that too - I am a major googler (is that even a word? lol) I have to research things to death before I try them. I found a great community of people, recipes, LOADS of information on the diet on this site:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

P.s I am from small town Saskatchewan. ;)
  • Zita_Jenn
    Options
    Thank you for posting the forum :smile:

I am from Ontario
  • bmathies
    bmathies Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have started the Ideal Protein Diet-and Wednesday will mark my first week. I am excited to hear what others have done with this diet, as well as get some great recipes and ideas.

Thus far-I feel great. I have not noticed being tired-but have had a few headaches, which may be from the lack of Diet Coke!

I am looking forward to week 3 when I will go back to exercising--to really make this plan work for me!:smile:
  • bmathies
    bmathies Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    That is amazing, CONGRATS!!

Do you have any great recipes to share?
  • Zita_Jenn
    Options
    Yesterday marks Week 1 and I have lost 5.8 lbs on my scale. Woo hoo!!!!! This site http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/ might have great recipe's ideas :smile:
  • Tragfan
    Options
    Jenn you are kickin butt & taking names!!!

Welcome bmathies!! Glad to hear you didn't get some of the nasty side affects that some get. I felt like death for the first 4 days. I was a total carbaholic...:)
  • athostetter
    Options
    I am also on this diet! I have been for about 5 weeks. I am still on phase 1. Hows it going for you?
  • Zita_Jenn
    Options
    I will be starting my 3rd week this Monday. It is going very well. I am really enjoying my snacks lol I think I will be on Phase 1 for a while :smile:
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Just saw an a-frame board beside a Shoppers Drug Mart near me in Ontario the other day. Info session tonight May 5th at 7:00 pm BUT I don't think I'll be home from work on time.

Quick q for you guys, what is the cost to join this program including food/products required?? Approximate is fine by me.

I figure if its $250 like Weight Watchers or $350 a month for Nutrisystem and I only have 10 lbs or maybe 15 I would like to lose it wouldn’t be worth the investment.

Thank you!
  • Zita_Jenn
    Options
    Did you check it out??? I am hoping you did. Let us know :smile:

I had my first weigh in. I lost 10 lbs and 3" off my belly. Wooo hooo. 6 more weeks and I will be 130 lbs. I so can't wait.