Short woman - what is your goal weight?

Options
Hello to all my fabulous, curvaceous, short woman! This year I hopped on the new years resolution wagon to loose a good chunk of weight for summer. I have a healthy diet and work out but the past year has been tough to loose and maintain, esp after my wedding. A few weeks ago I weighed myself and wow. I was the heaviest I have been in years!! To be fair it was the Monday after the X-mas. I knew some of it was junk that would go away in a few weeks (so that made me not cry) but boy did that light a fire under my behind. That Monday I started to watch what I ate and a week later 6 pounds were gone easy! Then after New Years I am on a health rampage. I want the body I like back. I am 5'1 and 1/2 (136lbs to date) it is so easy for me to gain weight thus hard to maintain. For me 120 is realistic. I was wondering what goal weight the short ladies have? According to weight charts I should be 105-115 range. To me that was too skinny for me and really hard to get to. My body is muscular and I am Hispanic so that weight is just too small.

Replies

• jmauerhan
    jmauerhan Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Am I too tall to "weigh in" on this topic? I'm 5'5, which is "average" height :) My long term eventual goal is 130, but my goal for right now is just 175. I have always been heavy.

I used this calculator:
    http://www.calculator.net/ideal-weight-calculator.html

and it says:

Based on the Robinson formula (1983), your ideal weight is 126.8 lbs
    Based on the Miller formula (1983), your ideal weight is 132.1 lbs
    Based on the Devine formula (1974), your ideal weight is 125.7 lbs
    Based on the Hamwi formula (1964), your ideal weight is 124.6 lbs
    Based on the healthy BMI recommendation, your recommended weight is 111.2 lbs - 150.2 lbs
  • agratzy
    agratzy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I'm 5-3 and 135-- which is almost just right. The weight the personal trainer said I should be is 120-125 and that also seemed very skinny. If I could get to 125, fine, but it's really difficult as you've said. I work a desk job and only use about 1600 calories a day, so eating at a deficit is difficult for sure. If I could maintain at 130, I would be happy.
  • Lazz5k
    Lazz5k Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0 and currently 133 lbs, my goal weight is 115. (It's going to HARDDDDD to reach!) and is going to take a long time. I'll be comfortable at 120 (I think) but main goal would be 115 total lbs.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Fellow shortie at 5'2". I'm not sure where you got your weight range from. According to the NHS (I'm British so that's what I go by), healthy weight for a woman my height is 101 to 137 pounds. It might be a pound or two less for you since you are half an inch shorter, but it won't be much difference.

I'm aiming for 135 ish as I've never been able to maintain below that and I want something I can do long-term. I have about 20 ish to go, I'm feeling pretty optimistic about it!

Good luck!
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    There's at least one thread like this per week.

See community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10047067/any-52-girls-out-there-whats-your-goal-weight, for instance.
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Its crazy how my weight can fluctuate. I range from 125 - 135. The past few years it more like 130-136. I don't feel comfortable at all at this weight.
  • NikkiDerrig386
    Options
    agratzy wrote: »
    I'm 5-3 and 135-- which is almost just right. The weight the personal trainer said I should be is 120-125 and that also seemed very skinny. If I could get to 125, fine, but it's really difficult as you've said. I work a desk job and only use about 1600 calories a day, so eating at a deficit is difficult for sure. If I could maintain at 130, I would be happy.

The 125 isn't that bad for me its the 115 that is impossible for me.
  • alyci
    alyci Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am 5'0 and my goal is about 120, give or take 5 pounds. BMI puts me closer to 100 but I just can't see that as realistic for myself. I was 120 all through high school so I'm pretty sure that is a weight I can maintain.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Better yet: Set a goal in terms of body fat percentage or measurements, instead of in terms of scale weight.

135 and muscular can be much smaller and fitter than 115 and flabby.
  • NikkiDerrig386
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    Better yet: Set a goal in terms of body fat percentage or measurements, instead of in terms of scale weight.

I like where your heads at!
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm 5ft 2.5 and am currently125 and Want to drop maybe 4 more lbs
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options

135 and muscular can be much smaller and fitter than 115 and flabby.[/quote]

I am 5'1" is range and my goal weight range is 125-130. I am currently on the high end of that range. I set that goal with the help of my personal trainer and myself based on the goals I wanted reach. It's funny now that I have lost the weight I really just want to be able to have really defined muscles. This is really where I am at right now.
  • karen_fitzgibbon
    karen_fitzgibbon Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' and want to be 99 lbs. Most of the girls in my family are petite little things and I feel like the fat lump around them. I'm currently 176lbs
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    5'1 and maintain between 100-105.
    It is the right weight for me, and I realise it is way too slight for most.
    Cheers, h
  • CatLady1309
    Options
    I'm exactly 5ft,I'd be happy at 119 ( currently 123)
  • ashveena
    Options
    I'm just barely 5'2 and currently 157. At my wedding in August I was 144 and happy at that stage but still carrying fat around my stomach and waist. My long term goal weight is 135 because I feel like at any skinnier I was lose my curves and muscle mass.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Oh, I should have added in my post above- never had anything much in the way boobs and butt. So no curves to hold onto; just a belly if I put on weight.
    Cheers, h.
  • olivetwistful
    olivetwistful Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    4'11" & pretty muscular so 100lb is me rock solid & svelte. It's amazing how much a few extra lbs shows on a tiny woman, isn't it?
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,574 Member
    Options

This. I'm 5'4" and see no reason to get lower than 135. Possibly 130.