I wasn't seeing a change, then I looked at a picture.

Options

Replies

• SteveMFP123
    SteveMFP123 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    It's funny how that works, I am the same way. When I look at myself in the mirror I don't see a big change, I still see the fat bloke I've always been but when I compare my before pictures to my current ones it's a massive difference, I still have a way to go but I look very different to 7 months ago (less round :D).
  • 530roman
    530roman Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    keep it up! great job!
  • smithmarvin579
    smithmarvin579 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i can definitely see the difference! great motivational tool
  • Serendipity5215
    Serendipity5215 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Major difference!! You are doing fantastic...keep up the great work! :)
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on where you currently are! It is a MAJOR difference, and this is a great post.

Like you, when I look in the mirror I don't see a difference either. I'm always baffled when people comment about how much weight I have loss. My initial response is generally, "Really?" or "You think so?". Duh? I know I've loss the weight so I don't know why I'm surprised. I think it's just because we look at ourselves everyday. I see the same ole me when I look in the mirror. Of course, I loved the old me just as much as the new me so it's no biggie to me. :D

Keep up the great work!
  • Lezavargas
    Lezavargas Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Huge difference! Thats what I decided to do this time too. You just dont see the incrimental changes when your looking at yourself in the mirror. Im almost a week in from my before photos, cant wait to see the difference at a month....and 2....and 3!!!!
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    WOW!! Great job! Big difference.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    Yes! so much smaller… keep up the great work!!
  • OlgaGetsFit
    OlgaGetsFit Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome difference! Much much success to you on your journey.
  • vikkiitoria
    vikkiitoria Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    A huge difference might I add, keep up the great work!
  • ncwingnut71
    ncwingnut71 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    great job!!
  • TimFlatley
    TimFlatley Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Wish I took pics when I started... Still time to do so I suppose.
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    you can really see it in the profile picture... good job!
  • roasthog
    roasthog Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    doremient wrote: »
    Hi All! I've been lurking around here for awhile. I've looked at countless success stories to help motivate me. My problem was no matter what I did, I never "saw" a difference. Sure, numbers on the scale would go down and clothes would fit differently. But When I looked in the mirror, I didn't see a change. I would often feel discouraged because I didn't "see" anything.

Yes, you should take measurements and all of that other stuff you are told. However, to me, those were just numbers because I never saw anything. What I would recommend is take pictures and lots of them at different stages. Look back at where you were and where you are now, you WILL see a difference.

I am about halfway through my Journey. It's been a long road, only because I let it be. I kept giving up and quitting. I would lose 10-15 lbs here and there and never notice anything for the hard work and would give up. Over the course of 3 years I have lost approximately 60 pounds. 20 of that in the last 3 months when I finally decided enough was enough.

Again, I was recently looking in the mirror and didn't see a change. I remembered I had taken pictures at my heaviest when I thought I was going to start the Journey. I dug them out and then took some pictures this morning.

Ok, NOW I see a change and am more motivated to continue and drop the other half. I thought this might be inspiring for anyone who doesn't "see" it and loses the motivation. TAKE PICTURES :)

I'm 5'7" starting weight around 295lbs progress pic around 234lbs

34hghtlu7l5t.jpg
    A huge difference might I add, keep up the great work!

• IndianPrincess8888
    IndianPrincess8888 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Great Job !!
  • mariaoutlook
    Options
    Well done!
  • fagefan
    fagefan Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You're looking great. :) Keep up the great work!
  • muzichick
    muzichick Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I can clearly see a difference between the two pictures! I've also been doing some photo comparisons, to help me see the changes.
  • Pinky_Calhoun
    Pinky_Calhoun Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! Way to go lady.
  • p444cod41
    p444cod41 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Huge difference in your belly and your waist!well done you!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!