How to make oven cooked chicken breast moist?

Options
124»

Replies

• FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    jjasmelon wrote: »
    I'll be using a bit of butter and thyme, but when i always oven cook it for about an hour chicken seems quite dry. I have a fan oven. Tips please

Just reading this morning about oven braising chicken (a whole chicken) in milk. Sounded weird, but after reading the recipe and the 'science' behind it it makes perfect sense. It's from Chef Jamie Oliver.
  • sizesixorbust
    sizesixorbust Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    higher temp with marginally shorter time really helped my chicken! i still over-cook it though. chicken is fickle! slow cooker works every time.
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I've converted to cooking most of my chicken in the crockpot. Stick it in in the morning before work, cover with water/broth/seasoned liquid of choice and turn it on low. Come home from work and voila! Perfectly juicy, moist lovely chicken! It does fall apart a bit, so it's perfect for salads, tacos/quesadillas or BBQ chicken sandwiches, but it works well on its own, too- no need to cut it up :)
  • waxflower
    Options
    The easiest way I've found is (if boneless) cut it in half, use cooking spray on the pan and season the chicken, and cook for 25 min at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    funny, easiest way I found is to cook it to a little less done than "joan of arc"