So why do folks ask for friends and then don't contribute one iota?

Options
Recently 2 people asked to be friends and of course I welcomed them. That was about 2 months ago. You know they haven't made one comment, none, zero, nada. Support is a two way street.

I had one person, I let go, that invited so many people it seemed she was running a popularity contest. Just pages and pages of new invites.

Another person who has been my friend for years finally cut some of her friends off. They never commented. She did it in such a pleasant way saying they were probably very good people but in the end it was like "Don't waste time on people that don't waste time on you.

Those two I mentioned are probably not going to make the cut.

So folks, why do you want support but are not willing to give it?

Replies

• Gingerspice45
    Gingerspice45 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I sometimes get busy and have a hard time finding time to like peoples' posts and give supportive comments. I seem to go through phases where I use mfp alot to log and comment and then will fall off the wagon and not use it for months. I am more motivated lately and am trying to make more of an effort to leave comments and likes and log my food/exercise/weight. During the times I have not been as active I have lost friends. Trying to do better for 2015.
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I sometimes get busy and have a hard time finding time to like peoples' posts and give supportive comments. I seem to go through phases where I use mfp alot to log and comment and then will fall off the wagon and not use it for months. I am more motivated lately and am trying to make more of an effort to leave comments and likes and log my food/exercise/weight. During the times I have not been as active I have lost friends. Trying to do better for 2015.

Understandable. However I've had people brand new who have never commented. On the other hand I've had people who made many comments and left. Those I have held on to. They were such interesting people that I hope they return.

• ravengirl2014
    ravengirl2014 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Well...there are so many possibilities. ..My first inclination is to say that it is like anything else and they most likely lost motivation and chose to "fall back asleep". I say it like that because I feel "woken up!" I have struggled for so long with weight. ..I lost a bunch of weight years ago and it has slowly crept back on... My hubby bought me a misfit activity tracker and that is how I found MFP. I am so grateful to him because I have my spark back! I have been doing this now for 3 weeks. ..it says I haven't lost any weight but I put in am guessed start weight and I was actually 3.5 pounds heavier. I am finally at my recorded start weight and look forward to seeing that number drop! OP you are amazing! Such an inspiration! Definitely feel free to add me if you'd like...I am here to stay!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    Why don't you ask them? Passive aggressive...
  • msdanderson2015
    Options
    Jennloella wrote: »
    Why don't you ask them? Passive aggressive...
    agreed! and sometimes you shouldn't do things just to receive... be genuine